Thread: Rook Migration - shall I retire?

Unhappy Rook Migration - shall I retire?

Hi guys,

Had my rook pierced 4 months ago with a ball captive ring, all was fine and dandy, was using saline solution to clean, however about a month and half ago a bump formed on top hole of the piercing, so SSS a go go!

Anyway, month and half later, still got bump, and top hole seems to have moved inwards (towards helix part of ear) so ive got a wonkey piercing. Went and saw a piercer who confirmed its migrating, and said I'll probably need to retire it in a couple of months...

What shall I do? Not sure whether it'll calm down if i change it to a curved barbell ( think the ring may be causing too much movement), carrying on doing SSS or whether to just take it out (if I do, any suggestions on how to heal?)

Thanks in advance,
    Penguin

dpack_1

If you aren't happy about the wonkyness then changing the jewellery wont fix that.

Your best bet would be taking it out and insisting you be pierced with a bar and not a ring for any cartilage piercing. Rings are far more hassle than they're worth.

I understand that changing jewellery wont effect wonkyness.

I meant if i change the jewellery will it stop it migrating further, and so hopefully the bump will go more easily, or is it a lost cause.

Yeah, it would stop the movement so should help healing, though a lot of people have issues with healing. Personally I had a ring to begin with and once I cahnged it was a lot more comfortable, and healed relitavely quick, though I never had an major issues with it. However, if you're piercer's already said it's migrating it's your call-if it fully migrates it'll leave a nice scar, whereas if you remove it now you could get it redone and possibly have it last longer. I'd say it's worth a shot at changing the jewellery, and just seeing what happens-even for a couple of weeks, if it's migrating you'll need to keep a close eye on it so you can take it out before it gets too bad. In short, if it's migrating, changing won't stop that, but it might slow it down.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Have you a picture?