Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SIZE="5"]From Down Under[/SIZE]

Thumbs up [SIZE="5"]From Down Under[/SIZE]

Hey the names Madi im 16 from Victoria Australia and currently only have my lobes pierced one second on top of one side ( needa get the other one done) and a higher Helix piercing although I do want to get my rook pierced but am really worried about side affects as I am pretty sure one girl I know who has it is now or was for a short time deaf in that ear. :S does anyone know if thats normal and what the chances are?

Hi there, answered you on your other thread, no you cannot become deaf. You can chop your whole entire ear off and not be deaf. Don't listen to friends who just want to scare you, do research, people wouldn't get their ears pierced if deafness was a side effect.

This forum provides good information so ask away and also remember to read around and see what peoples experiences are. There is also another site with information here about how to care for a rook, here on the healing process of a piercing as well as some of the issues that can be encountered.

Welcome to the forums.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you really appreciate it. I think they where more along the lines of that the pierced it in the wrong spot :S but I have been looking around and know where else seems to have anything bad to say about them

tell them to fu*k right off, the members here are everybody from single lobes to highly modded and know the drill, if you want to listen to high school bullshit then that's your choice.....
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    both conch's punched at 8g
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples
    maybe a tongue web'
    L/R daith piercings

RETIRED
    both tragus's 12g due to severe migration

hit me up on crackbook

http://tattootaffy.tumblr.com/

There is nothing in the exterior anatomy of the ear that is connected to the ear-drum. You CANNOT become deaf from an ear piecing unless the piercing involved sticking a large object directly INTO the INSIDE of the ear (which wouldn't be piercing - it would just be completely MORONIC!) and therefore destroying your ear-drum. End of.

Oh and I probably know a little more than your teenage friends as I'm in my forties and have been pierced and tattooed for YEARS before they were born.

But then again its such a stupid idea (becoming deaf through piercing), that are you sure you're not just trolling??? Hmmmm???
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by madzjonesy View Post
    Thank you really appreciate it. I think they where more along the lines of that the pierced it in the wrong spot :S but I have been looking around and know where else seems to have anything bad to say about them
    People make up loads of nonsense about piercings, usually because they have nothing better to talk about. Unless they are ramming implements down someone's ear (which will not happen) then no a piercing cannot cause hearing problems at all.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks I didn't think it was true just wasn't sure Im going to get it done but have to wait until netball finishes and find a place to go because I don't trust the guy everyone else goes to. Just I hope I don't get trouble like I did with my helix piercing it was constantly infected I believe it was the stud that was used to start with but I dunno ahah

Thanks I didn't think it was true just wasn't sure Im going to get it done but have to wait until netball finishes and find a place to go because I don't trust the guy everyone else goes to. Just I hope I don't get trouble like I did with my helix piercing it was constantly infected I believe it was the stud that was used to start with but I dunno ahah
    whereabouts in Victoria are you...?, i could prob recommend somewhere for you to get a hole stabbed and not have to worry about it being shoddy or unclean..
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples
    maybe a tongue web'
    L/R daith piercings

RETIRED
    both tragus's 12g due to severe migration

hit me up on crackbook

http://tattootaffy.tumblr.com/

shepparton most people go to hysteria but I dont really wanna go there. 16 is the legal age to get a piercing without parents right ?

shepparton most people go to hysteria but I dont really wanna go there. 16 is the legal age to get a piercing without parents right ?
    16 with consent, 18 without a parent or guardian...
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples
    maybe a tongue web'