Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Festivals banning "legal highs" but not booze?

You do tend to see more people with alcohol than you do anything else at festivals

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Hi, 'm Velts. Fear not, I'll only bite on mutual consent & in a very specific setting.
    Stretched, poked, scalpelled, hooked and pierced.

Founding member of Flying Pigs Suspension

42mm+ lobes
    10mm center labret
    10mm nasal septum
    2.4mm Frenum
    1.2mm double nostrils
    1.2mm vertical nip-nips
    Quite a few tattoos, mostly blackwork. 8 suspensions. (will write up on the additional 5 some time soon)A few retired, many to come.

hah, how true that is of most of the bigger festivals nowadays!

cheers
    froovs

Have to say my friends and I brought some legal highs at V festival a couple of years ago and won't touch them ever again!Those things ruined a whole day for us.Plus they were just crap!I also wanted to punch my best friend and I don't get like that if I drink, they'd made her annoying buy my tolerance was lower than normal because of them.
    Shocked me when I watched a programme about them when one gets banned they just move on to the next one. One of the more recent ones was alloy wheel cleaner :/
    I would rather drink,at least that way I know if I do feel rough the next day I know what to expect.
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

Quote Originally Posted by IamMooMoo View Post
    Have to say my friends and I brought some legal highs at V festival a couple of years ago and won't touch them ever again!Those things ruined a whole day for us.Plus they were just crap!I also wanted to punch my best friend and I don't get like that if I drink, they'd made her annoying buy my tolerance was lower than normal because of them.
    Shocked me when I watched a programme about them when one gets banned they just move on to the next one. One of the more recent ones was alloy wheel cleaner :/
    I would rather drink,at least that way I know if I do feel rough the next day I know what to expect.
    Exactly.

''Legal highs'' won't be legal for long. The worst place to try something new like that is at a festival imo and banning them is a good move.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

That's the problem with them. They're flashes in the pan, not the tried and tested (in the loosest sense) traditional illegal drugs, so the effects are rubbish and the comedown is poo. The thing at the moment is 'research chemicals', especially after mephedrone got banned. Some of these though, from what I've heard, are very very dangerous when not taken correctly, which is easy to do when there's no knowledge of it. Because they've been made in some dodgy 'lab' somewhere, so there's not experience with how they mix, or what dosage and stuff. Whereas stuff like MDMA was actually developed by doctors and is used in (i'm simplifying it a bit here :P) some medications. And it causes a lot fewer deaths than it's hyped up to cause. Each fatality caused by a legal high is just another reason why drugs should be legalised.

So yeah, better off drinking than doing those.
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMooMoo View Post
    Get this though. Mephedrone should never have been banned. The Sun created an entire load of lies to build up support and put pressure on the government to ban it before having it properly tested (and to sell loads of papers of course). All 27 or however many deaths were nothing to do with Mephedrone. From my own experience taking it, I can assure you that all scare stories are bollocks and several members of staff that deal with the testing of substances to review them for the government quit due to the pathetic decision to follow orders from a crap tabloid rather than wait for professional advice. Had it not been banned we'd have a pretty safe (of course nothing is actually 100% safe but used now and again at things like raves and festivals it'd be no harm - just like the occasional drink) legal high and none of the more recently produced chemicals to fill the void would have needed to come up. Banning Mephedrone was an allround bad move which has meant there are loads of chemicals out now which makes a previous post about medics not knowing what people have taken true. So in that case I'd say it is safer to just ban all legal highs.

*edit; Ban them from the festival that is, not literally make them illegal - I still want to be able to get the few that I like.
    Last edited by breadwing; 05-27-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Does it strike anyone else as weird and hypocritical that so-called legal highs are being banned from festivals, but alcohol isn't?

I don't understand, what makes alcohol so acceptable over anything else?
    Money.

What kind of drugs are these legal highs you speak of? Stuff like K2 (aka fake weed)?
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

legal highs are untested things sold as plant food, bath salts etc etc but when taken as drugs cause known drug like effects
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast