Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First piercing

Default First piercing

Ok, I have finally made an appointment to have an RPA done. Apart from the obvious things (eating something beforehand, not taking aspirin or alcohol beforehand, etc) what other advice would the more experienced members offer?

Well, as you have already found a piercer you don't need advice on that so just turn up and if you have any questions ask them, if you have any doubts then deal with them by either getting any questions cleared up or cancelling the appointment but umm yeah, make sure you're happy with everything, can see everything is coming out of packets and is sterile and that the piercer gloves and regloves where necessary. The piercer will probably talk you through what they're going to do unless you don't want them to (then say so) you'll probably find that your bits will shrink up a fair bit because of what they're going through and that's totally normal. Make sure you're given aftercare advice but you'll probably know what to do from being on here anyway. Ask what gauge/length they have used on you so you know what jewellery you have in there should you ever want to change it or compare it. They will most likely tell you as they're about to pierce and to take a deep breath in and out.

Sorry I'm waffling haha, someone with a more personal experience will of course be able to tell you more. Good luck with it all, when are you getting it done?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Well, as you have already found a piercer you don't need advice on that so just turn up
    As I understand it, Quentin at Kalima is one of (if not) the best in the SE, so I'm happy with that choice - everybody seems to recommend him. I have already checked up on their sterile procedures from their web site (although I will double check in person), so that seems to be good too. That is one thing that took me so long to find somewhere - the number of places that don't seem to be really hot about sterile procedures is alarming (or perhaps I'm just being fussy).

Yes, I expect my bits will probably shrink to the state that a scanning electron microscope is needed to find them Appointment arranged for lunchtime tomorrow.

Ah if you're going to Quentin then yep you'll be fine with procedure etc but again always watch, I do even though I know my piercer is a seriously good one hehe. Also watch out of fascination, only time I'm not looking at anything is when he pierces, eyes are shut then

Hope it goes great for you, will you be doing a write up?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Ah if you're going to Quentin then yep you'll be fine with procedure etc but again always watch, I do even though I know my piercer is a seriously good one hehe. Also watch out of fascination, only time I'm not looking at anything is when he pierces, eyes are shut then

Hope it goes great for you, will you be doing a write up?
    I was planning to do a write up, probably in a few days. BTW, how much is it considered bad form to use short anglo-saxon words at the point of the piercing?

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    As I understand it, Quentin at Kalima is one of (if not) the best in the SE.
    Present company excluded of course

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    I was planning to do a write up, probably in a few days. BTW, how much is it considered bad form to use short anglo-saxon words at the point of the piercing?
    Haha I wouldn't know as I've never done it but heard others do so and I would reckon you'll be forgiven

All the best for tomorrow Julian. I've heard superb things about Kalima, even a piercer in Basingstoke recommended them to me.

Don't watch the needle! when it pierces you , you won't expect it and by then, it will be all over !
    Good luck!
    Never Say Die!!!

PA 6mm BCR and Ampallang 2.4mm + 8mm balls

apadravya next

Hi, I'm the Hiker!

Thanks everyone for the comments and best wishes - I didn't manage to read some of them until after the event. I have now posted an experience of the first few days.

Glencohiker - no, I definitely wasn't watching the needle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast