Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Rook and Anti Helix

Default My Rook and Anti Helix

So I was contemplating for awhile of which piercings I wanted to get next just to even out my two helix's that I must say were a real biotch to heal but have no calmed down since March. I was going to get a tragus because they seemed so cute with the jewelry in, but I went downtown in Toronto to a place called Adrenaline which told me that my tragus was too small so it wasn't that great to pierce and I was better of safe than sorry. So that was a bit discouraging. Then I started doing some research on which similar piercing I wanted that could be a bit better for me since I love wearing headphones and didn't want to not be able to use the phone or headphones in my right ear if I had gotten the tragus.-phew
    I decided to go for the anti-helix right ear and the rook left ear.
    Got them done yesterday:
    I did tons of research by calling a lot of different locations in Toronto to see which location had the best prices because I mean I didn't want to cheap out on getting something botched but I wanted a reasonable price you know?
    I ended up getting my piercings at the location I got my helix's so I knew I was comfortable with someone with experience under their belt...(was gonna go with someone with about 2 years and decided against it) the price for both piercings were $70.

The piercing themselves, I'd have to say they really hurt. :(
    probably because I was getting two that day, but compared to my helix's they were really really painful. The pressure and just feeling the 'pop' and then the after feeling was just painful for me. I was reading about them being not too painful, boy was I wrong. About a 6.5-7/10 for me. While my helix's were a breeze 2/10 back when I got them. I felt well the pain obviously, but I felt sore when I smiled, and my rook is a bit hard to see in profile I guess. They don't snag on things(knock on wood) as much as my helix's did (gosh they terrified me when I had to put my jacket on that has a high collar always hitting them hurt so much) They are giving me headaches though from the throbbing from both sides.
    Anti helix
    3.bp.blogspot.com/-LpYpXQnj1yg/TdHnqWf1mxI/AAAAAAAAAHg/fdSjhJ6h5D0/s1600/DSCN7992.JPG

Rook
    4.bp.blogspot.com/-rZ_SHM9YCC8/TdHn6FFm6qI/AAAAAAAAAHk/kLpwdPiOzis/s1600/DSCN7993.JPG

Day 2 with the piercings:
    Rook: feeling of tightness/sore/not swollen _knock on wood
    Helix: a bit of bleeding/sore/not swollen ^
    Sleeping has been fine, I sleep on my back from having to train during my helix's first days so no rolling around for me at all.(i do miss sleeping on my sides a lot:()
    Been doing SSS, piercer recommended that I get Ivory soap but I couldn't find it in liquid form only in Bar form so I skipped on that. + witch hazel to finish off.
    Find it really hard cleaning them with Qtips...
    Any tips for cleaning?

Update:
    just did a SSS and well my anti helix is bleeding...and my helix's are bleeding :S idk why they were fine awhile ago so I've got blood on me now -_-;
    Any suggestions? is this normal?

theres your pictures posted so we can see them x
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

Oh wow they're so big xD thanks haha

They look nice from what I can tell. You asked about tips for cleaning, carry on with the SSS ditch the witch hazel, it won't help and will irritate them. To soak them fully you need 1/4tsp in 250ml of boiled water, let it cool til it's still hot but not enough to burn. To find it easier some people use a wine glass on a table top and immerse the ear that way, soak for 5 mins, rinse with plain water, do that twice a day. You may also want to use a chamomile teabag in the sea salt solution and use it as a hot compress as it has healing and natural anti inflammatory properties. Don't worry too much about the bleeding, or are you saying your healed piercings are bleeding too? Are you taking any medication that may cause that? If the bleeding carries on you may want to do cool/cold soaks or just leave the piercings alone.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-18-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah my helixs on the outter cartilage are bleeding and they weren't bleeding for a longgg time and didn't hurt so idk what could have triggered it. just a lot of bleeding all over...but no throbbing pains etc.

Looks lovely hope they heal well for you
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    Yeah my helixs on the outter cartilage are bleeding and they weren't bleeding for a longgg time and didn't hurt so idk what could have triggered it. just a lot of bleeding all over...but no throbbing pains etc.
    I'd lay off the soaks if it keeps happening tbh, take it you're making the SSS correctly, not playing with them, taking any meds etc?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I only took 2 tylenols on the first day cus my head was throbbing but that's about it for meds.
    I use a 1/4 teasp of SS diluted in 1 cup of hot water
    yesterday some gunk came off the back of my right helix and then started bleeding but i just did a SSS and i cleaned it off not a lot of blood like yesterday but still some bleeding red ish on the Qtip...I didn't bother touching the new piercings with a Qtip except for the front part of my anti helix cus that's the only place I can see but I laid off touching the rook and the back of the anti helix also stopped with the Witch hazel

I'd leave off with the q-tips as well, all you need to be doing is soaking, also make sure your jewellery is titanium as you could be having a nickel reaction if they're steel.

Here's information on aftercare for you here. However again if it just keeps setting off bleeding then I'd lay off any soaks and just leave them alone, no prodding with fingers/q-tips etc

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast