Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Rook and Anti Helix

Nope no touching them for me and if i don't use qtips to clean my outer helix won't the gunk that builds up give me an infection?
    I'm using steel earrings

Soaking them and rinsing afterwards will clean them, it will draw out anything around and under the bar and a rinse afterwards will clean anything else lurking away. You may want to change to titanium as you're possibly having a reaction to the nickel content in the steel. I assume you're not from the UK as piercers aren't allowed to use steel an initial jewellery for this very reason.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

o_o really? wow I didn't get a choice of jewelry he just pierced me with stainless steel and my bars in my outer ones are stainless steel too. But they were doing fine.
    Oh boy i'm stressing now. I'm worried about the pain in changing jewelry so early cus it hurt so much from going from rings to BBs on my helix's the last time.

Yeah you can develop a reaction sometimes, not saying that's what it is but it's a possibility. I'd say if they don't calm down then consider it, however go to a piercer to get them changed over in a sterile environment and where they can do it with minimum irritation involved. Hope they heal up okay for you.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah I hope so too! I have quite temperamental ears. Right now the anti helix is having some soreness/throbbing rook is not but I guess they just tend to alternate >_<
    I just hope the bleeding goes away and I always seem to feel ok in the first 4 days then they hit me hard. =( Thank you for all the advice! not sure how to do the chamomile thing though. Do I just soak it in with the SSS?

Just put the chamomile teabag in the cup, then you can also use it as a compress (hold the bag against your piercing til it goes cool) or you can remove the bag out of the cup and use the soak as normal. Click on the link I sent before, it tells you everything.

I checked the link and it didn't mention to mix it with the SS or not.
    But I'll see if I can pick up some tea bags today..

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    I checked the link and it didn't mention to mix it with the SS or not.
    But I'll see if I can pick up some tea bags today..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodypoetry
    If your piercing gets sore, swollen or irritated consider using chamomile tea. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, soothing and an analgesic and can be easily found in the herbal tea section of most supermarkets. Simply pour boiling water over the teabag leave to cool until its bearable and then either add teaspoon of salt and use it as one of your soaks or use the hot tea bag itself as a compress. People who have a ragweed allergy should be sure to do a skin test first before using the tea however!
    Make sure they're just chamomile and not mixed with anything else, should be easy enough to find. Good luck!

Day 4:
    Update
    Just did a SSS my right ear is still bleeding a bit...from my outer helix's not sure why still. But wiped a lil blood away from the front anti helix- didn't touch the rook or the back of the anti helix with anything

congratulations on you new piercings. Sorry to hear they are playing you up a bit. My forward helix played up for a good 5 weeks so to a certain extent I think its normal. and rooks are notorious for being a pain, but hang in there, keep them clean and evntually they should calm down. a bit of bleeding on new piercing will happen, and if the helixes are under a yr old, bleeding can happen there too, as a new piercing on that ear can flare up not fully healed piercings too. just keep an eye on them, and when the pain subsides, pop to your piercer for a jewellery change on the new ones cheers xxx
    Hi I'm Jayne
    L and R lobes x2, L&R low auricles, L&R conches,L&R tragus, L nostril, central tongue, standard navel

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast