Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision song contest 2011

Succint(ish) reviews of performances!

Finland - drivel.
    Bosnia etc - lyrics made no sense, didn't like it.
    Denmark - meh, same old "let's save the world!" drivel everyone comes out with at Eurovision.
    Lithuania - lyrics don't seem to relate to the title, boring ballad, decent set of lungs though.
    Hungary - fun Europop.
    Ireland - they can't sing or dance, terrible.
    Sweden - AWFUL!
    Estonia - crap.
    Greece - awful rapping, but nice to hear some non-English singing.
    Russia - Stalkertastic! "You put my mind in the dirty zone" is lol though. I want Peter Natlich again :(
    France - boring, brush your hair.
    Italy - nice little song. His high notes aren't great though.
    Switzerland - cute song but I think her voice is too strong and overpowers the music.
    England - Lee's high notes are so squealy and he has an immensely punchable face. Costa's voice is too weak, Simon doesn't do shit now and Duncan is a little weak too. Song was ok I guess. Better than Daz Sampson or Scooch anyway.
    Moldova - Moldova are insane. The song itself is kinda cute and kooky but the brass instrumentals are annoying and go on a bit long.
    Germany - Wanted to like it, loved Lena's song last year but this one was dull.
    Romania - "Let's change the world!" theme again, yawn. Singer is English, bit cheating :p.
    Austria - Sappy as hell, her hair looks like a helmet.
    Azerbaijan - Wasn't really watching lol.
    Slovenia - Quite like it. Amazing for a 19-year-old O_o.
    Iceland - Lyrics are sad and kinda eerie considering the original singer died and his mates are performing in his honor. Very nice song though.
    Spain - CHEEEEEESE. Cool spark-shooty things.
    Ukraine - Song is ok. Stupid shoulder things. That awesome sand artist .
    Serbia - Cheese. Hate the outfits. Bad dancing. I don't care how wonderful your boyfriend is. Lol.
    Georgia - Lol the rapping is so Linkin Park. Song was meh.
    Last edited by Slania; 05-14-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

I hope the UK wins, they sent a really nice song this year and had a nice performance, would be a shame if they didn't win..I liked them more than any other country this year.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Robin's been following this. Amazing lols. http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...ldorf-liveblog
    Last edited by Slania; 05-14-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

clearly europe is drunk or high! jedwood shouldnt have gotten so many points!
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

I didnt like the winning song.

I heard that this is more political voting rather than actual ability and songs
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

Well, I'm happy Jedward did pretty well I love them, they're so oblivious to everything. A friend of mine is a makeup artist who worked with them a couple of times, and she says they're they're lovely as well!

I can't believe that Italy came second, that guy sounded like he was screaming in pain. And Bosnia, just why? I quite liked Denmark, but the band name was terrible. Blue could've sung a lot better. And the set could've been a bit flashier, I think. Azerbaijan was okay-ish, without all the shitty dancers and stuff. A pretty good year on the whole though!
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

I didn't like Azerbaijan, it was so insignificant. All I thought when I saw it was meh and when the votes came I didn't really remember what it was like, just that there was a dude and a woman.

I wonder if the result would have been very different without the juries(they gave 50% of the votes after all)? I have a feeling they appreciated Italy, I don't know how they ended up second.

Many Finnish people are very disappointed now, I never believed in that song though. But we were 3rd (right after Azerbaijan) in the first semi-final and 21st or something now, and press' favourite.
    After every party I die

Piercings
    Current:
    standard lobes
    Future:
    second lobes, rook, sternum microdermals
    Considerating:
    double nostrils/septum, nipples, daith, helix...
    Tattoos
    Future:sparrows on feet with a quote in English & French and more

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    I didnt like the winning song.

I heard that this is more political voting rather than actual ability and songs
    Has been for a while.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Lol it's a totally political thing, did you hear the room's booing when Cyprus gave 12 points to Greece as always, all the ex Russian countries voted for eachother, Scandinavian countries for eachother, Portugal votes for Spain, etc. It's always been like that with a few exceptions of course.

As for Finland and Norway, I never understood why they send bands and songs like they do, they have such an awesome metal scene, I can totally imagine Finland sending Children of Bodom or Stratovarius or Nightwish! Do they even offer this to them? I don't know, I don't live there so I can't say! And Norway, SO many bands from Norway that can go.....Can you imagine Borknagar or Satyricon or Dimmu Borgir in the Eurovision set, breaking everything? Hahaha, I would be SO happy if this happened someday.

I also have NO idea why Azerbaijan won.....Nothing special but honestly for me, this year the only song that stood out a bit was the UK and they didn't win, which only proves how politics-based this contest is anyways.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Eurovision just isn't the right venue for metal bands. Finland did send Teräsbetoni a couple years back, but see how well that turned out. As for Children of Bodom, Nightwish and the rest, I'm sure we'd be happy to send them if they only wanted to participate. But it would be way too embarrassing for them, because you totally loose your credibility if you take part in Eurovision.
    After every party I die

Piercings
    Current:
    standard lobes
    Future:
    second lobes, rook, sternum microdermals
    Considerating:
    double nostrils/septum, nipples, daith, helix...
    Tattoos
    Future:sparrows on feet with a quote in English & French and more

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast