Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Drinking age

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I find it weird how you can live in your own place and not be able to buy/do things. I live in a house with 4 other people my age and we cant even buy cutlery.
    I was fortunate to get a job that paid more than min wage, I also did a lot of overtime (sometimes working 50 hours a week), the rent was cheap (housing association), at 17 you don't pay council tax and I was very economical with food/bills etc, didn't have a phone, mobile, internet etc. I spent a lot of time not in my flat so it was rarely using utilities, everything I had was second hand or gifted to me (plates, cutlery, mugs). This was also back in 1996 maybe when utilities etc were cheaper? When I went out I had no travelling costs and didn't drink much, I didn't really do anything else in my life that cost money, walked everywhere (work, friends, family even if miles away) as well.

Charity shop near me sells cutlery for 5p an item, might be worth a look?
    Last edited by Boo; 11-24-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Seeing this thread reminded me that I'm going to be 21 in a couple months and I don't even drink anymore! I find it funny that I went from drinking whenever I could to quitting drinking before I've even reached the legal age... The U.S. is crazy.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

its funny because like a lot of people have mentioned as soon as I turned the legal age to buy drink etc I pretty much quit drinking alot. Now the only time I drink is when I'm at a party or in Glasgow visiting my brother and even then I tend to stick to one drink only and stop as soon as I start to feel tipsy as nothing is worth the hangover the next morning if I've been drinking heavily
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

I do not like and hate alcohol, I support that policy

^ I dislike alcohol too but I think the legal age being 21 encourages binge drinking at younger ages.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

I live in the US & hate that it's the only country with a 21+ drinking age.. I think 18 is old enough to drink. I hate that I have to wait several more years to drink or go to clubs because I live in the US. We're considered adults by 18 so we should be allowed to legally drink.

Quote Originally Posted by feixiang View Post
    I live in the US & hate that it's the only country with a 21+ drinking age.. I think 18 is old enough to drink. I hate that I have to wait several more years to drink or go to clubs because I live in the US. We're considered adults by 18 so we should be allowed to legally drink.
    I'm from the UK and have also always thought that the US 21+ law was a bit shit, considering you's can drive etc at 16 (in most states I think?) I don't understand why they have the drinking age so high.....
    Last edited by tRiBaLmArKiNgS; 11-29-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo :)
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

Because everyone in our country seems to think that if we ban things they'll just go away... I don't think that's working out too well considering I can't think of one person who didn't drink before the age of 21!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Because everyone in our country seems to think that if we ban things they'll just go away... I don't think that's working out too well considering I can't think of one person who didn't drink before the age of 21!
    Banning just drives things underground. I'm personally an advocator for all kinds of substances being made legal, providing they can be more strictly controlled, with a view to phasing out the harder stuff within a few decades. Even the control of alcohol and tobacco is incredibly hit and miss at the moment, let alone the underground drugs industry, which is largely what funds criminal activity in the first place.

This thread has reminded me of the Challenge 25 thing we have in supermarkets now (you have to look over 25 years old to buy alcohol but if can prove you're over 18 it's fine). I was at a self service checkout and put some wine through and the guy came over to authorise it but oddly enough approached and started to ask for my ID, I turned round and he just looked at my face and said "oh sorry it's ok" and put it through. Well at least my arse looks under 25 haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<