Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

Default Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Barack Obama made an official announcement this morning with news that Bin Laden had finally been found and killed by US Forces in Pakistan:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Pakistan.html

So...what does everyone think about this? Are you glad? Are you indifferent? Are you just worried about someone else taking control of Al-Qaeda in his place?

I found Obama's speech a bit queasy to be honest, all that god bless the USA nonsense, and the live pictures of Americans in Washington jumping up and down with glee...I just can't respond that way to it at all.
    Last edited by quotidianaubergine; 05-02-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

Anyone with some common sense and some knowledge knows that the 9/11 hit was anything BUT a terrorist attack. Is Bin Laden even a real person? Who knows.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Anyone with some common sense and some knowledge knows that the 9/11 hit was anything BUT a terrorist attack. Is Bin Laden even a real person? Who knows.
    Haha...uh oh...I wasn't expecting the conspiracy theories until at least after the first page of replies! I'm unprepared!

Yeah he's a real person though, I assure you! I think you're giving the US Government a bit too much credit for being these amazing terrorist-plot masterminds, though. I really do.

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

I really don't think this was a terrorist attack, I don't know what it was or who it was, but I don't think it was terrorists. But that's just me. How do we know exactly that he's a real person again, without a doubt?
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

I really don't think this was a terrorist attack, I don't know what it was or who it was, but I don't think it was terrorists. But that's just me. How do we know exactly that he's a real person again, without a doubt?
    Well, I've never met the guy, but then again I've never met Barack Obama, and I know he exists :-P. Video footage, photography, having his body...kind of gives it away? Why do you need proof that he exists though, I didn't even know that was ever in question? There's loads of conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11, and they all seem exceedingly far-fetched as far as I can tell, as if terrorists wasn't sinister enough, people try and create even more torment and paranoia by making up stories. I mean, it's good, it encourages debate, but I don't think you should lean one way or the other without properly weighing up all arguments.
    Last edited by quotidianaubergine; 05-02-2011 at 06:40 AM.

My response:

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Agreed 100%!!!!
    Mods
    32mm Lobes
    10mm Septum
    12mmx7.5mm oval labret scalpel
    8mm punch left ear - helix "flat"

Facebook ||| Tumblr

I know nothing about this.... but my flatmate was saying how killing him was the wrong to do, should've captured him instead as now we've declared war or something... :s im clueless about it all

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Well they say they shot him in the head then buried his body at sea .... hmm all conveniently un-provable. Wonder what the reprisals will be like.

Personally I find all the smug "go USA" stuff sickening at the best of times, but this beats all.

and one more thing ... it took TEN YEARS to bring him down? Go USA indeed, really swift anti-terror message going out there. Well done.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I don't think he deserves to live per se, but it sickens me that people see the murder of a person as a reason to celebrate.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast