Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bioplast ???

Slightly off-topic, but if you change to bioplast or PTFE, you may want to change to another cleaning method as well. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidant and may change the surface of the jewelery. I'm a nanotechnologist, not a chemist, so I'm not sure how quickly the reaction will progress, but you run the risk of making the surface porous. That could make it much easier for bacteria, dead skin cells etc to gather there.
    Current piercings: Earlobes 6, nostril 14g, reverse PA 10g.
    Retired piercings: Orbital, eyebrow, nipples, apadravya.

thanks for all your help guys! just trying to find some pretty labrets with a larger disk on the front now!

Slightly off-topic, but if you change to bioplast or PTFE, you may want to change to another cleaning method as well. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidant and may change the surface of the jewelery. I'm a nanotechnologist, not a chemist, so I'm not sure how quickly the reaction will progress, but you run the risk of making the surface porous. That could make it much easier for bacteria, dead skin cells etc to gather there.

D: that doesnt sound too good...
    thanks for sharing that otherwise i would have carried on using it and potentially made it worse !!

thanks for all your help, it really is appreciated!
    Carrieee

Have:
    Lobes (R) X 2
    Tragus (R)
    Helix (R) X 2
    Conch (R) X 2
    Lobes (L) X 2
    Snug (L)
    Conch (L)
    Industrial (L)

Tongue

Want:
    3rd Conch (R)
    Nape Microdermals ?

You shouldn't clean piercings with peroxide anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123