Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Helix Microdermal

I'm also curious on how it will go on the long run. So far I have absolutely no problems. We'll see how it survives summer (with lots of swimming in the sea, that's it).

Current piercings:
    Navel, 2x lobe, VCH, Tragus, Anti-Helix Microdermal

MD feels healed. Completely. I can easily sleep on it all night long without much discomfort (well my pillow is terrible, but that's it). One day I managed to pull it quite hard with my shirt, and it was kind of hurting for a couple of minutes but then it settled in.

I think this is it ^^.

Current piercings:

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyades View Post
    MD feels healed. Completely. I can easily sleep on it all night long without much discomfort (well my pillow is terrible, but that's it). One day I managed to pull it quite hard with my shirt, and it was kind of hurting for a couple of minutes but then it settled in.

I think this is it ^^.
    Take THAT, you people that said it wouldn't heal / reject. I'm happy for you, dear!! How long did it take to feel like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    Take THAT, you people that said it wouldn't heal / reject. I'm happy for you, dear!! How long did it take to feel like this?
    Just because it feels healed, doesn't mean it is. Any microdermal, regarless of position or height, has the ability to reject within an instant, often with no discernible cause. Rejection can happen at any time, as previously stated. It's a really interesting experiment, definitely, but it doesn't always mean it'll be as long lasting as something else. Healing takes a long time, especially with the lack of blood flow to the area compared to normal MD insertion, and that there isn't really too much epidermal tissue to bond through the footplate.

Keep going with it, and good luck! But as said directed at the person above, it still has the ability to reject, and just because it feels healed, doesn't mean it is.

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Oh I know that. But I'm pretty happy with 'feels healed' now ^^. We'll see how it will survive swimming for hours and that's it.
    But then again any MD can reject if exposed to enough trauma.

Current piercings:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyades View Post
    Oh I know that. But I'm pretty happy with 'feels healed' now ^^. We'll see how it will survive swimming for hours and that's it.
    But then again any MD can reject if exposed to enough trauma.
    I say rock on with it!
    Enjoy it as much as you can for the time being and future onwards!
    Right:
    Anti-Helix
    Helix
    Lobe

Left:
    Rook
    Helix
    Lobe

Retired:
    Second Lobes

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDemily View Post
    Just because it feels healed, doesn't mean it is. Any microdermal, regarless of position or height, has the ability to reject within an instant, often with no discernible cause. Rejection can happen at any time, as previously stated. It's a really interesting experiment, definitely, but it doesn't always mean it'll be as long lasting as something else. Healing takes a long time, especially with the lack of blood flow to the area compared to normal MD insertion, and that there isn't really too much epidermal tissue to bond through the footplate.

Keep going with it, and good luck! But as said directed at the person above, it still has the ability to reject, and just because it feels healed, doesn't mean it is.
    I know, I know. But isn't it a good sign that it feels healed?

The piercing is still here and now it doesn't hurt even if hair gets stuck in it. Actually it's behaving lovely and I have no troubles whatsoever with it even if I currently work in a call center and I am on the phone all day long .

Current piercings:

whooooah . LOVE this.

Hyades,

Sorry to drag up this thread people (Just in case).
    I love the md looks gorgeous. I just had my forward helix pierced and I love it.

I noted a comment regarding the hairdressers....do point it out to them. My md I had next to my tragus got yanked by hairdresser & the long foot got pulled out! I popped it back in but 6months later it just fell out!!!
    Have:2 pairs lobe, tragus, forward helix tongue, navel, Tribal heart pattern on lower back, Star just above ankle, Fairy on waist , Capricorn symbol on wrist, 'J' behind ear, Heart below hip, Coloured stars from back of neck across right shoulder, Pattern on hand by thumb, Initials on out side of right wrist, Pattern on foot, 3 Flowers on left arm
    Retired:
    Tragus md, 2x wrist skindivers

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast