Thread: Quick Tongue piercing question

Default Quick Tongue piercing question

Well I've had my tongue pierced for 2 days and a couple hours (early morning of day 3 right now) and overall pain/swelling wise, all has been going well. My swelling isn't bad today because most of the bad is showing! I looked in the mirror today and noticed that the actual piercing hole looks larger than it did 2 days ago, is this normal ? (I know, it may seem like a dumb question but I'm just curious&trying to be cautious)

Thank you

pictures : http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m..._2227112_n.jpg
    (day 3 - today)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m..._2257023_n.jpg
    ( day 2)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m..._7288838_n.jpg
    (first day, could barely stick my tongue out.. lol)
    Last edited by l0vekillsslowly; 04-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Having a super long bar moving around in it can stretch the hole a bit. Don't worry about it
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Yeah the wiggling bar might loosen up the top of the hole slightly, also the top ball will be nesting, making it look even bigger again. Looks fine though but beware of biting on the bar when the swelling starts to go down, I did that with mine and omfg it hurt.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Ahh thats the ball indentation making it look like you have a HUUUGE hole. Don't worry about it, it's perfectly normal, I've had my tongue piercing for almost 2 months now and it still has an indentation
    Have
    Left - 2g Lobe, 12g Inner Conch
    Right - 2g 1st, 6g 2nd
    14g Venoms, 16g Central Labret

Want
    Philtrum
    2 Helixes/Outer Conches
    Faux Rook

RIP
    2 Lobes (R)
    Triple Forward Helixes (L)
    Central Tongue
    Eyebrow (L) ;_;
    Tragus (R)

tumblr

This happens with almost all oral piercings. Because the mouth flesh is so soft, the ball on the barbell will create a small indentation around the piercings due to the soft tissue. Perfectly normal and fine. I have this same thing with my tongue, cheeks, medusa and lip
    Present piercings:
    Tear drop MD (L),MD's on each wrist,Nose ring (R),Medusa,Lip stud (R),Tongue ring,Cheek piercings,Tragus on (R),Belly button ring
    Retired piercings:
    Eyebrow ring (L),Nose ring (R & L),3 MD's on chest,Nipple rings,Lip ring (R)
    Tattoos:
    Sunflower on lower back
    Star behind ear (R)
    Aries symbol on back of neck
    "Freedom" on hip (L)
    "Rylinn" (Daughter's name) on forearm (R)
    Roman numeral's for June 19th, 2010 (wedding date) on wrist (L)

Thank you for the reassurance guys! Feels so much better to know that it's normal. I thought because I'm only on my 3rd day that there was a problem! haha