Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Tongue piercing

Default Yet another Tongue piercing

Well I JUST got my tongue pierced literally 15 mins ago. So far, not soo bad. The piercing wasn't bad, just kinda awkard sticking my tongue out for that long. Drank ice cold water & about to get some more. I can't seem to get all of my tongue out to see the bottom bar gets stuck on my tooth then i get scared and put it back in. lol

*STILL DAY 1*
    Okay well I tried eating. Wasn't too bad, wasn't painful but really weird. I was trying to eat rice, jerk chicken, and mixed vegetables (peas & carrots) it was weird eating the rice because it went all over the ball, but the meat was surprisingly easy. I just cut it up and it went to the side of my mouth. I ate maybe 5-6 bites of the rice, gave up, finished off the meat and drank really cold water. (I also did this after every few bites). I just had some apple sauce after and that was pretty good. I took ibuprofen as soon as I got home, so I'll take it again around 5 pm. Doesn't hurt too bad, not really talking weirdly, all is going pretty well today I'm about to take a nap & I rinsed with Crest pro health mouth wash after eating.
    Last edited by l0vekillsslowly; 04-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Congrats The first few days are the worst! Hope it heals well for you.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I found that any acidic food like tomatoes, orange juice etc really aggravated mine so you're probably best avoiding stuff like that for a week or so
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Grats! Swelling will go down soon and you'll be able to eat everything easy. I couldn't eat solids for 3 days but my husband ate the same day he had it done with not much issues, it varies from person to person. I was eating -and drinking- a lot of cold things cause they made it feel relieved and nice. But up to you, do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Good luck and happy healing!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Thanks everyone, I know it's only day 2 but things are going pretty well, it wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought I'd be dying by now but it's fine. I love the piercing! I do have a question though, I heard tongue piercing has been linked with acne (my health care teacher told me this) and I woke up this morning with 3 mini whiteheads on my upper lip, do you think it has something to do with it? Or just a coincidence? Because I am prone to breakouts. (Nothing major though, thanks to birth control pills & accutane)

Day 2 of my tongue piercing Going pretty well. No pain, just soreness. I ate mc donalds breakfast today, and it was still a bit uncomfortable but not painful. Took ibuprofen just to help the swelling, but my swelling isn't too bad. Also had a donut today as well, lol. I'm still using the crest pro health. Yesterday I couldn't stick my tongue out completely but today I can (see both top and bottom bar) So far, so good. In the morning it feels kind of sore just because I haven't been moving my mouth around for 6-8 hours, but overall it's still fine.
    Last edited by l0vekillsslowly; 04-10-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Piercings in general can make you more prone to breakouts, but that's only because your immune system is worrying about the piercing and trying to heal that. I've never heard or read anything to suggest that a tongue piercing in particular could give you acne so I'd be inclined to ignore your teacher on that one.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Day 3 - Today was a bit more difficult because I had school, therefore couldn't ice it whenever I wanted, and didn't bring mouthwash with me
    but rinsed with water every time I ate something, which I think will help me out in the long run (won't over dry piercing) I believe there
    was white puss coming out of the top hole though, but I'm not alarmed, did research before hand & know this is normal. Swelling is still there,
    but it doesn't hurt to eat, and never really did tbh. I hope I can change the bar by next week Saturday (gonna wait out 2 weeks)
    The hole on the top still looks bigger than the ball, but from what people are telling me it's normal so I'm not too worried about that. I'm still eating solid foods, didn't go on a tongue piercing diet! lol. Overall, things are going pretty well.
    Ps. the teeth marks are getting pretty annoying!
    Last edited by l0vekillsslowly; 04-12-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Day 4 (Morning) woke up, my mouth was a bit sore but just being up for a couple of minutes while laying in my bed and then the soreness went away. Looked at my tongue and the teeth marks are not noticeable today, hopefully that means my swelling went down! Hole still looks bigger and the barbell is loose, my tongue never swelled up to the full extent of the barbell. I can't waaaait to get this changed! Brushed my teeth and mouth washed with crest pro health, gonna take some ibuprofen, not because I have pain but to just help the remainder of the swelling go down. I can't wait to see how my tongue looks at two week mark.

Day 4 Picture: (sorry for how big it is)

Last edited by l0vekillsslowly; 04-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Congrats and happy healing ^^
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Day 4 (Afternoon) It's 3:30 pm, just finished eating rice, chicken, and sweet potatoes. It's not painful to eat but the large barbell makes it difficult because it's always moving around, I can't wait to get it changed!!! Besides that everything else is fine. Swelling is slightly there, not painful or anything. My teeth marks on my tongue look noticeably better.

Top :
    http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/piercing.jpg

Bottom:
    http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m.../piercing2.jpg

All that space left in the barbell! :
    http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m..._4490269_n.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast