Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Um..woah

Default Um..woah

Okay so none of my piercings have bled before..but this morning when I woke up my 2 day old scaffold was pouring with blood. It was all over my ear and down my neck and quite clotty and its hurting like a mother. Is that like...normal? lol coz it worried me quite a lot. Thanks x
    Have:
    3 x right lobes and a scaffold.
    1 lobe on left currently stretching [8mm atm lol] and another lobe
    Rook & Helix & Tragus (left)
    Nostril, Septum,
    Both nipples!
    Navel
    Tongue

Want:
    Conch, Daith, Forward Helix, More lobes.
    RIP:
    Tongue, Lip x 2, Smiley

Has it stopped bleeding now? As long as its not still pouring blood then you probably knocked it in your sleep. Clotting is good. Leave it to settle, do a cool soak later today (warm will encourage more bleeding).

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

My best bet is that you accidentally slept on it or knocked it around in your sleep. 2 days old, if this happened, it's perfectly normal to bleed. I wouldn't worry much, clean the blood and do an SSS maybe with a chamomile bag in it, if you are not allergic/sensitive to it. (I am) Try as much as you can not to sleep on it or knock it around.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Okay, thanks guys, just not used to seeing so much blood haha :P Kinda freaked out. It's not bleeding anymore, just a bit sore but I guess thats from trying to get all the dry blood off.
    Thanks for the help x
    Have:
    Nostril, Septum,
    Both nipples!
    Navel
    Tongue

Want:
    RIP:
    Tongue, Lip x 2, Smiley

Leave off cleaning the blood off if you can (I know it looks manky), cause cleaning it might start the bleeding again. Happy healing

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Managed to get someone to help me clean off all the blood without further bleeding, did a SSS too. Was quite badly swollen but seems to have gone down a bit, probably take some before bed so I can sleep instead of it throbbing...or should I avoid this incase it like..numbs it and I cant feel knocking it and making it bleed again..and dont painkillers make blood thinner?
    Have:
    Nostril, Septum,
    Both nipples!
    Navel
    Tongue

Want:
    RIP:
    Tongue, Lip x 2, Smiley

Ibuprofen thins the blood so might not be the best idea to take it, paracetamol is probably better although I'm no medical expert. Arnica is good for swelling I believe and is a natural remedy.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I thought it was the other way round-paracetamol thins ypur blood :S.Hmm, dunno really.I think most can to some extent.Personally I took ibuprofen when my industrial was stupidly swollen and it didn't think my bloos out any more, can't say it had much of an effect though, but I think arnica would probably be stronger.Just try and make sure you don't bash it in your sleep
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Yeah I woke up to an earful of blood from a days-old piercing I also recommend cold SSS

If you have long hair, try tying it up on that side so you don't roll onto your ear.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Aspirin thins the blood. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory so it's actually really good to help bring the swelling down.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast