Thread: Foot Tattoo Durability

Default Foot Tattoo Durability

I've been seriously getting a tattoo on the heel of my foot recently. I want a rectangular stamp-like design on the bottom of my right heel. I plan for it to look similar to the manufacturer's stamp on a boot or other shoe, and I want it to read "Est. 1990" which is my birth year.
    For one, what are your opinions on this, and how it should be colored? I'm thinking that black would be the only way to go. Personally, I like the idea, so if you think it's corny, feel free to say so, but it probably won't sway me.
    Secondly, how will a tattoo hold up down there? I work as a lifeguard during the summer and walk barefoot on fairly rough concrete a lot. Will this eventually wear down the skin and make the tattoo fade, or will it be too deep in the epidermal layer for that?

It will fade, alot, and pretty fast I should imagine. And it would be quite painful to initially get done. There was a thread about this before so try searching.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

you want it on the under side of your foot?? no chance, no artist would do that anyway.
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

It might last longer if you placed it under the arch of your foot, rather than the heel

You're all most likely correct. I figured that would be the case. It just seems like such an uncommon and cool place for a tattoo. It's probably best just to let it go, though.

ive been told by a studio i did some work experience with, that anything not directly on the top of your foot will fade quickly e.g. sole of foot, heel, sides, toes etc where your shoes will wear it down the most.
    if youre walking barefoot all the rough ground is presumably gonna be wearing away layers of skin everyday and presumably building up hard skin on top?
    maybe consider a different placement? could it go elsewhere? e.g. top of foot maybe lengthways along it? or your ankle?
    i mean if you can get anyone to do it it would be pretty cool but be prepared for it to fade.
    Hi, i'm Lauren

CURRENT PIERCINGS: 17
    Lobes x3 (14,1.6,1.2), inner conch punches (6mm,7mm), outer conch punch (7mm) rook x1, nipples x2, navel, nostril x1, tongue x1 (3.2), vertical labret, septum

TATTOOS: x7 approx 10.5 hrs work

I've been to my tattooist last week (went with my sis who got a tattoo) and they had this pic there.. well lots of pictures merged into one. It was a foot tattoo. And there were 40 pictures. IT completely worn off in 40 days. So it's not a tattoo to have :/.

Current piercings:
    Navel, 2x lobe, VCH, Tragus, Anti-Helix Microdermal