Thread: Probably a stupid question... how long should an industrial be?

Default Probably a stupid question... how long should an industrial be?

I want all my piercings to match so i want to buy the bar in advance of getting it done but there are so many different lengths, i see 38mm seems to be the standard for for a new piercing i will of course need extra space for swelling but is there a standard size for new piercings? I've measured my ear to approx where i would expect the piercing to go and it is around 36-38mm.

Can anyone advise? thank you!
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

It depends on your ear. Ask your piercer - most good piercers won't let you use your own initial jewellery anyway. Get them to order it in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    It depends on your ear. Ask your piercer - most good piercers won't let you use your own initial jewellery anyway. Get them to order it in for you.
    ^ this
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Definitely let your piercer order your jewellery because they won't fit it in if it's not from their shop and if you get one that's too small that'll be a disaster for a new healing piercing. I got barbells when I got my industrial done and then after 3 months when most of the swelling had gone down I got a bar. They might do that with you but probably not, I'd trust your piercer to give you the right size bar that's also made from the right material too. I gotta say I'm slightly jealous my ears are wider than the average size my scaffold bar is 40mm :(
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Pretty much what Kate said, since yours will be a regular industrial i'm guessing I won't be much help, but i've found with mine the bar length has changed so much since I initially got it done.You could always get a bioplast bar in and have it done that way .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

okay cool, so trust the piercer then i may be able to change bars within a couple months?
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

Tbh i'd leave it longer than that unless you run into any problems.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    okay cool, so trust the piercer then i may be able to change bars within a couple months?
    Ideally you wanna be leaving it alone for a good 6-12months depending on how well it heals. Find a piercer you trust and leave it all to them. Ask them the gauge and length of the bar so you have an idea once you come to buy other jewellery for it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<