Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far is too far?

Default How far is too far?

In your opinion what is too far for you?
    Does it stop at branding, scarification, piercing, stretching and that stuff?
    For me I'd only get pierced, scarred, stretched (only ears though) and tattooed.
    I couldn't go as far as suspension or stretching my nostrils.
    Don't get me wrong some people can totally pull that stuff off but that up there is just my stopping point.
    Whats yours?

and I dunno if this is already a thread or not
    Now
    2x Lobes, Left Nostril
    Next
    Naval, Smiley, Snug

Wanted

Tongue, Frowny, Rook, Tragus, Forward Helix

Well I get my piercings purely for aesthetic reasons, for myself rather than the general public.

The pain from a piercing or tattoo is an adrenaline rush of course, but I don't take a particular pleasure from pain, so suspension really isnt something I can ever imagine interesting me. (At least I'd imagine people do it for a pleasure from pain thing)

I wouldn't ever get facial tattoos, and I wouldnt stretch facial piercings, but thats just a personal preference. I have a quite heavily tattood back, and I'd like to have a full sleeve in the future, I'm also considering a tongue split.

Whatever people want to do with their bodies is upto them imo, I dont think ive ever been grossed out by anything body mod wise, but some stuff just isn't for me :P
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Yeah, I agree with the whole adrenaline rush.
    I think that's what makes half the piercings exciting, or why I so much don't feel pain.
    I think tongue splits are super cool! Although I could never get it done myself I'm fascinated with it.
    I don't so much get pleasure from the pain I mean a little bit but not to the point of suspension and such.
    And I agree with this 100% "Well I get my piercings purely for aesthetic reasons, for myself rather than the general public."
    I definitely know I couldn't go as far as self amputation or getting my genitals "remodeled" but I guess that's just an acquired taste.
    Now
    2x Lobes, Left Nostril
    Next
    Naval, Smiley, Snug

Wanted

Tongue, Frowny, Rook, Tragus, Forward Helix

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

I think body modification is a very personal thing, and because people do what they do for there own reason its all down to personal choice.
    I personally wouldn't get scarification/branding but only because I much prefer tattoos and as I am quite heavily tattooed already it doesnt really appeal to me.
    With stretching I would only ever stretch my lobes again stretching anything else not really my thing.
    There are a few piercings I am still looking forward to getting but dont think I will get all the ones I want due to healing times (which I can't be bothered with
    I would try suspension but due to my back piece wouldn't want to ruin it lol.
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

Similar thread about but based on piercings but with mods as an entirety there's much more I wouldn't do I guess.

For me right now too far would be:
    Large gauge facial stretches
    Facial tattoos (neck/chest/ears/head I'd consider)
    Deep piercings like achilles and sub clavicals
    Extreme genital like clitoris, isabella, princess albertina, scrunty
    Eyeball implants and quite a few other implants really, possibly consider subdermal silicone implant but probably won't get one haha
    Anything involving removal of parts/amputation

Of course there's a lot of things I won't get because I don't like them or think they won't suit but but I wouldn't consider them as 'too far' on me. I am fine with having a lot of tattoos in the future, branding/scarification/cutting all appeal to me, suspension I feel if I could get my head around it I'd love to do it, tongue splitting maybe one day.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Similar thread about but based on piercings but with mods as an entirety there's much more I wouldn't do I guess.

For me right now too far would be:
    Large gauge facial stretches
    Facial tattoos (neck/chest/ears/head I'd consider)
    Deep piercings like achilles and sub clavicals
    Extreme genital like clitoris, isabella, princess albertina, scrunty
    Eyeball implants and quite a few other implants really, possibly consider subdermal silicone implant but probably won't get one haha
    Anything involving removal of parts/amputation

Of course there's a lot of things I won't get because I don't like them or think they won't suit but but I wouldn't consider them as 'too far' on me. I am fine with having a lot of tattoos in the future, branding/scarification/cutting all appeal to me, suspension I feel if I could get my head around it I'd love to do it, tongue splitting maybe one day.
    For me, pretty much this.
    Current: 11 earrings, 12ga navel
    Goals: more holes

hmh, personally I think stretched facial piercings are okay, but in a rather small number.
    Too much would be piercing everything possible just because you want to have the most piercings evarr and think of it as some sort of competition. It just looks cluttered and tasteless.
    I like to keep it simple, but bold.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Just had to google a scrunty piercing, defo a step to far for me.

I draw the line at any facial piercings purely because I feel too old to have them. I've stretched a couple of piercings on comfort and choice of jewellery grounds (VCH and outers from 1.6 to 2mm and helix and lobes from 1.2 to 1.6mm) as I don't really like the look of big stretches.

Tattoos are about my limit as I'm a wimp and being burned or cut scares me. My tattoos are not on display and all 3 have been about reconciliation with a life event and as such are for me and not really about modification.

It's a really personal subject and interesting to see peoples thoughts on it.
    Piercings
    1st Lobes 1.6mm, 2nd Lobes 1.2mm, Left Tragus 1.2mm, Left Helix 1.2mm, Right Conch 1.2mm, Nipples 1.6mm, Navel 1.6mm, VCH 1.6mm, Outer labias 2.5mm, Inner labias 2mm, 1mm Left Nostril, Right Daith!

3 Tattoos!

Agree with above that this is an interesting question.
    For myself, i'm not sure i'd say anything is out of the question, since i'm only nearly 19 i'm well aware my views could change.Tattoos don't particularly appeal to me, i'd absolutely love to get some branding/scarification, but it's about finding the time/right place etc, though most of mine would probably be hidden.Large guage piercings definitely appeal to me, i'd love a stretched labret, and nipples, but it depends on getting a job obviously for facial piercings.Suspension also really appeals to me, hopefully in the future :P.For me I can't really say what's too far, I kinda go by ''Never say never''.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I also agree this is a great question especially as it covers modification as a whole. I also think people's feelings on why they mod are cool as well, like how some say it's for how it looks for them and not others yet for me it's not always about how something looks just on it's own, there is sometimes a personal or deep seated reason behind a modification as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast