Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far is too far?

It's all down to the individual. I've gone a lot further than most people would even consider, but there are still things I wouldn't do:

I would never do anything that could affect my eyesight: eyelid piercing, eyeball tattooing, eyeball implants.

I would never get a mandible piercing, deep chest piercing, achilles piercing etc... because they might never heal.

I wouldn't get subdermal implants anywhere on my face... In fact, to progress in my job the face is now off limits for futher modification.

When I was new to mods there were some piercings that I found not for me but I have nothing against them. I love the look of scarification, it can be so beautiful but not sure I would go that far. At first I thought stretched lobes were a bit far but I changed my mind. For me piercings and tattoos are a must but I think suspension freaks me out to be honest. It frightens me. I don't know why. I wouldn't mind stretching my nipples to a slightly Bigger gauge providing sensitivity isn't lost again! As for stretched facial, I am defo not a fan. I think usual facial piercing look ok although socially could be seen as something from a horror movie, especially to kids. I have nothing against others having them, it's just not for me.
    As already said it really is down to personal preference and I personally wouldn't have a problem with any mod, some just aren't for me x
    Hi I'm Jayne
    L and R lobes x2, L&R low auricles, L&R conches,L&R tragus, L nostril, central tongue, standard navel

I had to google scrunty piercing too....and ouch! Yeh, that's too far for me!

For me, I'd not stretch anything other than my lobes (ok maybe some genital to 2mm) I know I'd never get a facial, neck, hand or chest tattoo - it's just not me. I'm dying for a back piece and some on my arms though!

I'd never get a deep piercing such as achilles etc....and suspension kinda scares me. I want a magnetic implant though!! XD
    Current piercings
    4x L&R lobe (2-00g 1sts *GOAL!*),Conch - Conch Industrial, Left helix, Right daith, Right outer conchx3, Paired nostrils, Centre Lip, Medusa, Tongue, VCH, HCH, 2x inner labia, Septum, double triangle, triangular fossa V.2, tragus V.2, Dahlias

Current Other mods: 14 hours of tattoos and a 2nd generation magnetic implant

"It's not infected. Stop touching it."

I honestly have no idea how far would be too far for me. Some people would think i already have gone too far with stretching because I have 24mm ears and 5mm septum.

Personal preference may dictate you arent going too far but IMO facial tattoos and large gauge genital piercing is too far.

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

i'm not exactly sure how far i would go ...
    i know i want to get several more tattoos, although i suspect facial tattoos would be a step too far ( would consider neck, hands, chest and head)
    stretched facial piercings would also be a no although i do like the look of cheek piercings on their own i'm jsut not a fan of them when their stretched.
    i would love microdermals or surface bars along my collar bones on either side
    i want a scarification piece (already got a design in mind just need to find the right person to do it )
    would definitley take part in a suspension if i had the chance
    i also want atleast one subdermal implant

things i wouldn't do are anything involving the eyes so eyeball tattooing, eyelid piercing etc as i have enough problems with my sight without potentially doing more damage to it.
    i wouldn't get a mandible piercing, achilles or deep chest piercing mainly cause of the risks associated with them and personally i don't like the look of them
    but apart from that there isn't really anything that i would rule out
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

i also agree that body modification is an extremely personal thing. what is considered far for one individual will not be the same for another. and everyone is always open to change. i know where i was first starting out i thought 0g+ was huge. i thought i would never get a septum piercing, let alone stretch it.
    i also planned on never getting any genital piercings, which went to a PA, to an APA + misc others. and soon to be genital beads. i never really thought id ever actually suspend. but stuff just changes. everyone does it for their own reasons whether it be for aesthetics, the feeling, or sexual.
    and as far as what is considered too far. for me it would be amputation of any sort. i totally understand why others find the need to do so, but i dont see myself ever doing that. i also find reckless piercings to be considered "too far" such as eyelid piercings or deep tissue piercings, but then again what is my opinion is not shared by everyone else.

Yeah agreed with this. ^^^
    I used to think piercings and tattoos were fine but any kind of stretching even the ears was horrid and insane!
    But now I'm in love with stretched ears. Suspension and other things fascinate me and for all I know maybe one day I will be open to do it myself.
    Now
    2x Lobes, Left Nostril
    Next
    Naval, Smiley, Snug

Wanted

Tongue, Frowny, Rook, Tragus, Forward Helix

I love seeing what different body modifications people do! But for me personally, I can't imagine myself doing a lot more than I have now. But, when i got my auricle piercing, I thought it'd be my last one. Then I got my lip pierced. And i'm contemplating getting more done later on. I guess I'm just at the start of this kind of journey!
    Things I can't ever see myself doing is tongue splitting, things like eyelid piercings/implants, genital piercings, corset piercings, a lot of facial piercings or piercings in one area, stretching, tattoos in places that I can see easily (It might sound odd or silly but I like being able to change up what I've got, and with tattooing, that just doesn't happen). Having said that, there are a couple of places I am considering scarification because they're not the best places to tattoo, apparently. I have quite a few scars naturally as it is so hey why not add some pretty ones? Just an idea I toy with, nothing too serious for now.

I like basic, simple stuff really. Piercings, not extreme ones, tattoos, that's it. Nothing heavy and especially nothing that my daughter will see and will scare her. Stretching in general is something I would never do, it doesn't appeal to me at all and it never did. I see a lot of things, some a bit extreme for me, on people that can totally pull them off and I admire them a lot. But they are not for me.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

I don't think I'll be getting an achilles piercing in the near future!
    Now
    2x Lobes, Left Nostril
    Next
    Naval, Smiley, Snug

Wanted

Tongue, Frowny, Rook, Tragus, Forward Helix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast