Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mel's Industrial Journey -- The Botched & The Proper

Wink Mel's Industrial Journey -- The Botched & The Proper

I've wanted an industrial piercing since I was in college and hung out with some people who were into body modification. However, I am probably one of the biggest wimps you'll ever meet. Needles frighten me.

Fast forward to me being 26 and married, living with my husband who encourages me to face my fears and surprise myself.

I decided that I would get my industrial piercing. All I knew about piercing parlors was to make sure they used sterile equipment. I went to the nearest one and asked that question. They said that they did, and I looked around a bit. I had some misgivings, but I chalked it up to nervousness. That and a lady came in saying to tell someone she was "out," and I silently wondered if she meant out of jail.

We were told we had to pay up front the full cost before they even looked at my ears and that there were no refunds. I thoughts it was a bit odd, but shrugged it off as being standard procedure.

The piercer sat me down in the chair and asked me which ear I wanted it done in. I told him that either one would be fine. He picked my left. The piercing itself took several minutes and left me in excruciating pain. Seriously, he was messing around with a needle on my ear for a long time.

He said I didn't bleed much as compared to some people he pierced who bled a ton, like for several minutes and that I was his third industrial of the day. After I stopped bleeding for the most part, I left. I was feeling pretty dizzy and ended up dry heaving.

After the swelling went down a couple days later, I noticed it just didn't look right and posted another thread in the New to Piercings forum right here.

I learned that it was totally botched and was pretty much heartbroken when I had to take it out. All that pain and money for nothing.

As you can see, it's going through the folds.

Nope, doesn't look right.

So I thought it over for a couple days and decided to check on a Facebook page for other military wives in the area and ask if they had any good piercing experiences. I called up the two places recommended to me. I picked the one with the portfolios and who sounded most knowledgeable when I asked questions over the phone.

My hubby got off work early today so I decided we would head over there to check it out. I went inside, and it was a TOTALLY different atmosphere. It was very clean, well-decorated, not at all skeezy like the other place. I talked to the piercer in advance, showed her the botched piercing holes. She said that was definitely wrong and on top of that, she wouldn't have done an industrial in that ear at all. My right ear looked good, though, and she took me back.

Everything was so much nicer and newer there, seriously. I sat down, and she looked at my ear. I asked her if she was piercing me 14g. I told her they pierced me 12g at the other parlor. She said that made no sense, and ouuuuch. So she picked out jewelry the right length for my ear and then told me to take a deep breath. It hurt, but it was nothing like the pain I experienced at the other parlor. It was also over in 30 seconds.

She gave me an aftercare sheet and asked if I had any questions. I told her I'd read enough online since my first experience that I was good to go.

Then, we paid after she was done. We found out that it was $30 cheaper than the other parlor, which was surprising. We gave her a large tip for knowing what she was doing and making the experience so much better than my previous one. I plan to go back for future piercings.

Here's my new piercing!

Looks really good, aside from the very long bar atm haha, but seriously, i'm glad you managed to go through with it again, I can't imagine psyching youself up for something that had gone badly before.At least this time you had a good experience, and she sounds like a good piercer .Happy healing, although it looks quite settled already from the pictures!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Thank you! I'm so stoked. You wouldn't believe how nervous I was going in there. I took a deep breath and told myself that I didn't have to get a piercing there if I had any misgivings, but I surprisingly didn't!

She put in a 1 3/4" so I could clean it easier while it's healing. I plan to go down to a 1 1/2" bar when it's healed enough to do that. I have a couple coming in the mail soon!

Haha, I know, I love when you have such a long bar in at the start, i'm always amazed when it swells then decreases again, makes your ear seem tiny!Glad you've found a reputable piercer now though, at least something good came from your experience
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Thank you! Yeah, I am so glad, too. I want to eventually get some more piercings done so I'm glad I've found someone who I trust to do them.

The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that I lost my cartilage piercing that I was rather fond of, but I can get that done in the other ear later.

Looks great! I'm really glad your second experience was so much better.

Hi, I'm Rachel

Current:
    Left Lobes x2, Left Tragus
    Right Lobes x2, Right Helix x2
    Navel
    VCH
    Horizontal Nipples

Want:
    3 more Left Lobe, 1 more Right Lobe, Right Daith, Right Double Tragus, Tongue Web

Oh, and my tumblr of course!

The second one looks so much better! Happy healing and I'm glad you got a new better piercer! ^_^
    Retired: Labret, right nipple, 2nd lobes, vertical snake bites.
    Current: tongue, bridge, earlobe (both), scaffold (left ear), nipples,septum, medusa
    Considering: nostrils, lots of ear stuffs.
    Tattoos: vaporeon, star,sparrow, gypsy heads, mermaid, rose, a koi, triforce, sega controller, rose of no mans land, and lucky kitty.

That looks great, I'm glad you found somewhere that knows what they're doing!
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Woo I'm happy for you that you finally got the piercing you wanted Well done for going through it all again lol. Congrats
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Looks so different to the first, much much better :3 Happy healing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast