Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ... i don't know what to say really...

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

I doubt the Daily Mail made it up - the mother of the guy has obviously told them about the situation - and dont forget theres nothing the Daily Mail hates more than people not of Middle England so for them to report this on a sympathetic note means they thought it was serious enough to override that usual dislike.
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Only just seen this, I think whilst the Daily Fail likes to sensationalise (don't all papers?) they haven't made this up, this happened not too far from where I live and was also reported in local papers and on the local news in the same regard. I think they have played a lot on his appearance and how he was judged by 1 person (ie when he was asked what drugs he'd taken) but the main issue is obviously that procedures put in place to make sure deaths like this don't happen were not followed and that's the main issue there. Utterly tragic.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls View Post
    I doubt the Daily Mail made it up - the mother of the guy has obviously told them about the situation - and dont forget theres nothing the Daily Mail hates more than people not of Middle England so for them to report this on a sympathetic note means they thought it was serious enough to override that usual dislike.
    There's no particular people that the Mail like or dislike - they are a business. If a story sells papers they'll write it. A lot of stories may seem to be because they like a certain group of people but that's just what's the most money making "news" at the time. If I found a copy of the Daily Mail on the train and didn't have a sachet of salt to get pinches out of, I wouldn't read it.

O.o
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

If I found a copy of the Daily Mail on the train and didn't have a sachet of salt to get pinches out of, I wouldn't read it.
    Too much salts bad for your blood pressure :p
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Surely one simple routine blood test would have confirmed that he was not on drugs and that he had swine flu? Even if he was doing drugs, junkies get sick a lot anyway and it's still discrimination not to treat someone because of that.
    Piercings
    Left Ear; Lobe 22mm, Lobe 4mm, Lobe 1.6mm X1
    Right Ear; Lobe 22mm, Lobe 4mm, Rook 1.6mm, Conch 1.2mm
    Facial; Septum 1.2mm, Left Nostril 1.2mm, Central Labret 1.2mm
    Oral; Tongue 5mm
    Body; Right Nipple 1.6mm, Nape MD, Standard Navel 1.6mm

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls View Post
    Too much salts bad for your blood pressure :p
    That's what makes reading these papers so dangerous.

It really makes me very very sad.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

It's a very sad case to be sure. However, I'm not joining the brigade attacking the nurses involved. Read some medical blogs sometime. You'll find a multitude of people, dedicated to their jobs, caring to the point of insanity, who see day in, day out, people throwing their lives away to various abuses. And they try to stay detached, try not to pigeonhole, but they do come to judgements about people as soon as they see them. They hate it when they do this, but they're usually right. When they're wrong (and it's rare), well, bad things happen, and you can be sure they feel like shit about it.

Disclaimer: Not talking about all medical professionals, there'll be assholes just like anywhere, but having family in the profession, you can be sure that they're the minority.

Everyone should get the same treatment, even if he were a 'junkie', they still shouldn't have refused medical treatment or thought him less of a priority. Someone dying, junkie or not, is still blood on their hands. Things like this are sickening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12