Thread: Proud Owner of a New Nose Piercing. c:

Default Proud Owner of a New Nose Piercing. c:

I just got the right side of my nose pierced at a local piercing and tattoo studio and find myself quite proud of my new little beauty, but I do have a few questions about it since the only facial piercing I ever had was a lip piercing and I lost it due to an infection. (Rest in Peace)

1.) I've got a screw-type nose stud and it seems really long. It'll pop out quite a bit from my nose. Is this normal or should I try another type of stud? The piercer said I had small nasal passages.

2.) My piercing doesn't hurt me at all, but I'll notice that sometimes I'll get a crusty build-up of blood on the outside. Is it starting its healing process properly since it never bled when I just got it pierced.

Thank you. c:

Hiya congrats on getting it done!

1) they should have fitted you with correctly sized jewellery to start with, was there any mention of you getting it downsized/bent into the right shape for you at a later stage? If not then maybe ask if that's possible.

2) Crusty stuff is normal. What aftercare routine did they recommend to you? Don't use any chemicals or soaps on it. This is how you need to be caring for it: http://bodypoetry.co.uk/nose.aspx

Happy healing!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

They really didn't mention anything about jewelry size to me or anything about downsizing it, so I guess I just figured that this was the right size. Ignorant, I know.

I've been using sea salt soaks on it about 2-3 times a day to clean it up and help with the very rare bits of soreness I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
    They really didn't mention anything about jewelry size to me or anything about downsizing it, so I guess I just figured that this was the right size. Ignorant, I know.

I've been using sea salt soaks on it about 2-3 times a day to clean it up and help with the very rare bits of soreness I get.
    Ask them if they think it needs to be changed/bent. My screw fits me fine and I never swelled or anything. Make sure you're actually soaking the piercing and only twice a day, have to admit though I only soaked mine about 5-10 times over the course of a week or 2 and have just left it alone since.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yea, it was probably long to accommodate for swelling, but mine hasn't swelled at all. Okay, I'll lessen the soaking to twice a day. ^^

Thanks for the helpful advice!

You're more than welcome hun, happy healing!

Um..I took a good look at my nose and the piercing and since I don't have a digital camera, this is the best I can do to show you how it looks. This is the view of my nose from the front and how the piercing sticks out. I should've put this in my first post. D:

Whenever I wear nostril screws they often pop up like that, I'm constantly pushing mine back down at work (have to wear retainers, so obviously having them sticking right out my nose isn't really hiding them well!). I think most screws tend to have a wearable of about 6-7mm, and personally that's too long for me - I wear 3/16" length labrets usually, which are just under 5mm long.

Do you push it down at all, or just leave it? Personally I'd probably push it flush to your nostril in the shower or after a soak, and hopefully it won't move back to sticking out too often. Once it's healed you can try to find some jewellery with a shorter wearable area (I strongly recommend labrets because it's easy to find more wearable areas than with nostril screws in my experience).

Um, I pushed it down quite a bit yesterday, but since it's still in the healing process I decided that was a very stupid idea and I haven't been touching it at all today other than to clean it up.

Hey, i'm sorry to hijack your thread a bit, but I don't have enough posts to start a new one lol! Erm, I got my nose pierced like 3 months ago and had a few problems with it. I got the bump about a month ago, got the jewellry changed to a 1mm titanium screw (the .5 one was spinning around and aggravating it, and also I think I reacted to it steel it was made of) last week and the bump has now gone and its much more comfortable. However its still quite red around it...i've given it about a week of not touching it with anything, before I was using savlon wound wash which I think dried the hell out of my skin and is the reason its so red. Does any one have any suggestions of how I could get rid of the redness and re-hydrate my skin? I'm worried SSS would be even more drying.

As for your long nostril screw, I had a really long one when it was first pierced too, I think it is to allow for any swelling. However as mine healed the long stem caused more problems than it solved, and the closer fit of the 1mm one I bought from this site has been much better. Maybe wait til it heals a bit then go back to your piercers and see what they say.
    Lobes 2x each, left nose, right tragus

Want: Tattoo of my avatar symbol between shoulder blades.