Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raise in women's insurance premiums?

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    Why should us Girlies pay more??? Why can't the men pay less???? and the insurance company pockets a little less money........
    I think men will be paying less - I'm sure I read that it was meant to be women paying more and men paying less, to make it more even. Maybe I just imagined that though...

Yeah I think that is what it says, the raise in women's insurance is bigger than the decrease in men's if that makes sense though.
    Hiii, I'm Emily (:
    current piercings: right ear lobe x2, left ear lobe x2, navel, left tragus & right helix.
    want: 3rd lobe piercings in both ears, right daith, right helix x2, left rook & left helix.
    retired: right nostril.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwall93 View Post
    Its just the fact that men get into more accidents than women isn't it? :/
    And it's statistically proven, I think.
    "The British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) said currently the cost of the average car claim by an 18-year old man was 4,400, while that for an 18-year old woman was 2,700" mens insurance claims are higher , source BBC news
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

Completely fair. Women are inherently worse drivers than men.

One complication that I've only seen mentioned a few times is that apparently "per mile driven" women _do_ claim more than men - it is just that men, on average drive more. Plus the fact that young men in particular have an excess of testosterone that makes them a bad risk behind any powered piece of machinery

The fair thing is to bring premiums into line. However, it is also a mixed bag, as men will now get lower pensions, but cheaper life assurance (women the opposite, of course).

In reality, of course, everyone will now just pay a higher premium, that coincidentally is almost the same as the previous charged to men (me - cynical, no ).

To be fair, my ex boyfriend passed his test the day before me and has already written off 2 cars, whereas I've not even had a scrape on my car. I do think insurance is unfair, but it is ridiculously high any way regardless of your sex, I pay 143.59 per month insurance on my car for just third party F&T, which to be fair, is a lot but at the end of the day I'm thinking it's better to have to work my ass off to be able to afford it and feel a bit better about myself than drive around knowing that you could get caught and have worse things happen to you.

I think. I dno! I can't explain it really, but I think we should just be paying equal amounts. Less than I am now, haha.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Completely fair. Women are inherently worse drivers than men.
    Id like a link to years of statistical data to back that one up, ta very much. Kind of like the ones the insurance companies ACTUALLY had to justify lower premiums for female drivers. Although it would just be better for everyone if little boy/girl racer ned/chavs were just not allowed on the roads - everyones premiums would go down then. and the world would be a happier shinner place........ooo maybe we could ban middle-aged Audi drivers and wannabe wags in range rovers as well. Bliss
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Im not sure you can say who is worse. From my experience it seams to be the elderly regardless of sex. Its not just woman's that is going up, just had my renewal through and has gone up from my 79 to 94 a month despite 7 years no claims!! Time for a spot of gocompare.co.uk i think.
    20 mm tunnels
    2mm Labret
    Inked wrists and a whole lot of blank canvas ready to inked

Quote Originally Posted by vanstone View Post
    Im not sure you can say who is worse. From my experience it seams to be the elderly regardless of sex. Its not just woman's that is going up, just had my renewal through and has gone up from my 79 to 94 a month despite 7 years no claims!! Time for a spot of gocompare.co.uk i think.
    Ouch, that's about how much my renewal was and I've only been driving a year! I got it down from 1141 to 960 straight away by phoning them - never just accept your renewal without shopping around! Not sure whether to bother trying to get it down more...doubt I'd get it much less though. The only slightly cheaper quotes I've got from other providers had a massive excess and nowhere near the amount of extras I get at the moment.

Im defiantly leaving them (swift cover)have all ready got another quote sorted for 52 a month despite
    20 mm tunnels
    2mm Labret
    Inked wrists and a whole lot of blank canvas ready to inked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast