Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat needs a home

Scarred_pierced

Default Cat needs a home

My cat needs a new home, unfortunately he cannot stay where he is because of people being petty.
    I really wish I didn't have to give him up for good but it seems that I have to. I really don't know what to do atm, like where to look or what options are open to me.
    I don't know of any animal shelters or rehoming places here in colchester or even essex, plus I'd prefer not to have to go down that route.
    I'm moving next weekend.

Before anyone thinks I was selfish for getting the cat in the first place, he is now over 2 years old, I've had him since he was 8weeks old and I had no intention of moving or going uni or anything, hence why I bought him, if I had known all this crap would have happened I would have left him to be bought by someone else. Even though he was in a really horrible pet shop. I had him for a year before I decided to move to colchester.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could try putting an ad up in your local pet stor-if you have a major one?You could put an ad online, gumtree, preloved etc, but in my ecperience you get a fair amount of time-wasters on there.Really sorry you can't keep him though, that sucks.I'd take him off you in a flash, except what with 3 dogs and another cat this probably wouldn't be the best place for him .Hope you find somewhere soon.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

ohh i'd have him for you if i was closer. i hope you find someone, even if they could take him until you could take him back. :(
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

Scarred_pierced

He gets on REALLY well with other animals, atm he lives with 3 dogs, 2 are pyreneans and one is a jack russell, he loves it.
    Sadly it will have to be permanent as I'm here for another year and he will get attached and so will the people who take him in, plus there's no way when I move back to london that I'll have a garden :( I couldn't do that to him.
    I'm currently looking at colchester cat rescue. The only problem is he lives in st osyth, and these rescue places arrange home meetings to met the animal first, I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm going to have to call the people who have my cat tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. People are so petty that they cafn't contact me directly when they want to get rid of my cat.

Really sorry to hear you have to give him up ): I'd hate to give up my cats.
    I live in Herts/Essex area and got my most recent cat from a Wood Green Animal Shelter (there's three, one in Cambs, one in Herts & one in London) and I can personally say that the people there are lovely so if worst comes to worst and you can't find him a home, at least you'll know he's being looked after in a shelter until they find him a home (:
    There's probably some RSPCA shelters around your area too (:

EDIT: just seen your post, ignore me then (:
    Hiii, I'm Emily (:
    current piercings: right ear lobe x2, left ear lobe x2, navel, left tragus & right helix.
    want: 3rd lobe piercings in both ears, right daith, right helix x2, left rook & left helix.
    retired: right nostril.

Scarred_pierced

No thank you, your post is really helpful, I can't find much info on the colchester cat rescue site so I'll look at the rspca stuff and the wood green one.
    He's been spoilt rotten all his life, I'd feel so awful putting him in a shelter but I need to know the details as a back up.

So sorry to hear about this, we had to do it when we had no choice but move into a 7th Floor flat because the house we lived in was getting knocked down. Shelters aren't so bad, they will be well looked after and they vet and sometimes monitor the people applying to rehome him. If you stick him on Gumtree or something it could go to just anyone...unless you'd be happy to do the vetting and monitoring yourself I guess. *hugs*
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

awww really if you were closer i'd take him. he could keep my pumpkin in line. i'd be so torn if i ever had to give my baby away. i really hope you find someone to have him. will none of your friends take him? family?
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

Hmm, is he neutered Jordan?
    Just curious since mine's a girl :P
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I'll take him if you want, I'll have to talk to my parents, but we've been thinking of getting a puddy tat, and we're only in chelmsford. I'll have some words Jordan

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast