Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

I loved the Hobbit. I don't know why! We got it on DVD like as soon as it came out!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Even though everyone I know seemed quite disappointed by the Hobbit, I just watched the trailer for the next one, and IMO it looks pretty good. Might have to break my own rule and watch it despite not having read the book.
    The first film really wasn't up to scratch with the book, the book is my of all time favourite so I was quite disappointed with the first film but I still enjoyed it. The next one looks really really good though I'm so excited!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Even though everyone I know seemed quite disappointed by the Hobbit, I just watched the trailer for the next one, and IMO it looks pretty good. Might have to break my own rule and watch it despite not having read the book.
    I watched the first one without reading the book (broke one of my own rules too!) But I really liked the film! I tried to read the book after o watched the first film and I just couldn't get into it at all :/
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I think I'm gonna have to read The Hobbit again just because!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

To be fair Tolkien's style of writing isn't for everyone so that's fair enough. I struggle getting in to Thomas Hardy like there's no tomorrow.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

I tried reading LOTR about 10 years ago and couldn't get my head around it but when I had another go last year I couldn't put it down. So glad I gave it another go!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Century.Child.Soprano View Post
    To be fair Tolkien's style of writing isn't for everyone so that's fair enough. I struggle getting in to Thomas Hardy like there's no tomorrow.
    Weird you've said that because I quite enjoy Hardy! Although most of his aren't half depressing. I think I would enjoy them, it's just a case of finding the time to read them.
    Haha, Sarah, it is something I try to do, but then i've never read LOTR, and i've seen the West End version and the films several times lol. I think I would enjoy the film/s, but I will try and hunt out my copy of the book. I've got till December or whenever after all.
    Although I had a friend who was reading LOTR before the films came out, I was only around 12 at the time I think (I remember they were 12A films, and I had to go with an adult each time), I don't honestly think I would have enjoyed the story line at that age, I didn't even like the HP books then, despite being an avid reader, I didn't actually read a lot aimed at my age range. I definitely preferred the films when I was older.
    Last edited by soph_17; 10-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

anyone remember my housemate from hell??

she's calmed down A LOT and is actually bearable to live with ^.^

to the point we're going to a concert together in march ^.^ thankfully, it seems freshers just went to her head
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Weird you've said that because I quite enjoy Hardy! Although most of his aren't half depressing. I think I would enjoy them, it's just a case of finding the time to read them.
    Haha, Sarah, it is something I try to do, but then i've never read LOTR, and i've seen the West End version and the films several times lol. I think I would enjoy the film/s, but I will try and hunt out my copy of the book. I've got till December or whenever after all.
    Although I had a friend who was reading LOTR before the films came out, I was only around 12 at the time I think (I remember they were 12A films, and I had to go with an adult each time), I don't honestly think I would have enjoyed the story line at that age, I didn't even like the HP books then, despite being an avid reader, I didn't actually read a lot aimed at my age range. I definitely preferred the films when I was older.
    I love Hardy's storys but I struggle with his style of writing a lot, I look back and realise I enjoyed his books but it takes a while.

I LOVED the West End show of LOTR, I'm so sad it's no longer on. I read LOTR when I was still in Primary School and The Hobbit when I was even younger. There was a time I could recite the first chapter for word haha! I'm the opposite, I was so excited when the films started coming out because I couldn't wait to see all that I had read come to life.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Urgh,.. that I've been off the forum so long I can't even remember how to wrap a link around some text properly -_-
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds