Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

I keep reading that you should only clean piercings 1-2 times a day, and you should rinse with fresh water after salt water. I've been cleaning at least 3 times a day and not rinsing... Perhaps this is why my nose bled for a few days after and now my eyebrow is bleeding (Not a lot, just enough to create blood crusties)... I think I've been using too much salt too... The thing is, I'm just following my artist's care sheet!

Jordan, I'm gettin a lighthouse sitting on a cliff, with clouds in the background, and 'guide me through stormy seas' covering my exes name on my inner wrist and going up to my elbow hard to explain but going to look amazing, all in black and grey
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Thank you!! I'd wait if I were you, esp if you aren't sure yet, gives you a chance to have a proper look and decide!
    The sensible part of me is agreeing with you and thinks I should wait (for the savings, I've already decided what I want)..
    The impulsive part however, is wanting to order something new and shiny!!

One main issue would be the delivery time for a pre-order,.. I have no idea how long our house purchase will take to go through, so no idea where we will be living in a few months.
    I shall combine sensible and impulsive and ask about the possibilities of changing delivery address,.. if that's possible I don't think I'll be able to wait for the end of October sale ^_^
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

never thought I'd say this, but I wish my day started earlier.

Mondays I'm shorthand 4.30-6 and fencing 7-9.30 which means I have til about 3.15 (ish) with nothing really to do =/ sigh. Proper felt like I wasted my morning.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylynn View Post
    I keep reading that you should only clean piercings 1-2 times a day, and you should rinse with fresh water after salt water. I've been cleaning at least 3 times a day and not rinsing... Perhaps this is why my nose bled for a few days after and now my eyebrow is bleeding (Not a lot, just enough to create blood crusties)... I think I've been using too much salt too... The thing is, I'm just following my artist's care sheet!
    You're definitely cleaning too much. 1/4 teaspoon in a 250ml cup of water and rinse afterwards. Once, maybe twice a day. Although I think most people on here choose to LITHA (leave it the hell alone) their piercings and just rinse them in the shower. I usually do one soak the day or the day after I get the piercing done to get any blood off and then just rinse in the shower and this has been fine for me so far. Maybe try that?
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

It's really difficult to continue being a good friend to someone who's put themself in a really stupid situation
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Shopping ordered, looking forward to getting all my scrummies tomorrow :3
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Maybe I'll have a Christmas tree in my bedroom this year...
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    You're definitely cleaning too much. 1/4 teaspoon in a 250ml cup of water and rinse afterwards. Once, maybe twice a day. Although I think most people on here choose to LITHA (leave it the hell alone) their piercings and just rinse them in the shower. I usually do one soak the day or the day after I get the piercing done to get any blood off and then just rinse in the shower and this has been fine for me so far. Maybe try that?
    I have cut down on the amount of cleaning and salt. Yesterday, I only cleaned my eyebrow twice and I already see a difference! There was no blood crusties on it this morning. It's still a bit sore (I feel it every time I move my face..), but there's nothing indicating an infection.

When I got my ears pierced, they used a gun and I could NOT keep earrings in to save my life, they kept getting infected. Now, I'm going to a professional that doesn't use a gun, and I haven't had one infection! What a difference! I wish I had known this when I was younger. It would've saved a lot of trouble!

Even though everyone I know seemed quite disappointed by the Hobbit, I just watched the trailer for the next one, and IMO it looks pretty good. Might have to break my own rule and watch it despite not having read the book.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook