Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    no way that's spooky!

Option 1, I know nothing about international politics so wasn't going to go anywhere near option 2. Its not that I don't understand it, I just find essay writing so tedious because all you're doing is regurgitating the text books.

which one did you go for? and what module are you doing next?
    Yeah its weird isnt it. I went for Option 1, Option 2's question just put me off completely, too wordy and didn't appeal at all! I'm doing K217 next, adult social care and wellbeing. I work in that area so I'm hoping its going to be more relevant!! What about you?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Yeah its weird isnt it. I went for Option 1, Option 2's question just put me off completely, too wordy and didn't appeal at all! I'm doing K217 next, adult social care and wellbeing. I work in that area so I'm hoping its going to be more relevant!! What about you?
    anything would be more relevant than DD101 unless you're doing sociology!
    My next module is 'an introduction to the arts' (cant remember the code) as i'm doing philosophy and psychological studies for my degree. Its another level 1 module but they recommend doing both foundation modules if your degree covers two different disciplines.
    I'm looking forward to it as i've never studied anything to do with the arts and anything has got to be better than this one!

are you starting in October or do you have to wait until feb? there was alot of hoo-ha about people wanting to start level 2 modules in oct but weren't allowed cos they wouldnt get their results back in time to qualify
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasnít an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasnít an afterlife"

Its not DD101 is it?!
    Pahaha, how many people on here have done that course lol?!?!
    I still gotta edit mine before tomorrow.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Pahaha, how many people on here have done that course lol?!?!
    I still gotta edit mine before tomorrow.
    lol because its a 'one size fits all' module! i'm on 968 words right now, the end is in sight, i'm just rambling on about whats visible and what isn't at the moment

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

"He hoped and prayed that there wasnít an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasnít an afterlife"

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    anything would be more relevant than DD101 unless you're doing sociology!
    My next module is 'an introduction to the arts' (cant remember the code) as i'm doing philosophy and psychological studies for my degree. Its another level 1 module but they recommend doing both foundation modules if your degree covers two different disciplines.
    I'm looking forward to it as i've never studied anything to do with the arts and anything has got to be better than this one!

are you starting in October or do you have to wait until feb? there was alot of hoo-ha about people wanting to start level 2 modules in oct but weren't allowed cos they wouldnt get their results back in time to qualify
    My next one starts in Oct, I did see all the stuff about people not being able to start in Oct and didn't really get it haha. Maybe cause I did a level 1 before this?? I dunno I was just able to register so went with it

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Lol, pretty much! Mine's on a flipping History pathway, thankfully my second year is a lot more relevant. You're not doing the arts past and present next are you? Sorry for the reply, I hadn't seen the previous convo before posting.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

You two sound like you're doing something similar! How the hell did I end up on DD101, I'm on the health and social care route haha.

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

My next one starts in Oct, I did see all the stuff about people not being able to start in Oct and didn't really get it haha. Maybe cause I did a level 1 before this?? I dunno I was just able to register so went with it
    yeah if you've already passed a level 1 module you wouldnt have had a problem enrolling

Lol, pretty much! Mine's on a flipping History pathway, thankfully my second year is a lot more relevant. You're not doing the arts past and present next are you? Sorry for the reply, I hadn't seen the previous convo before posting.
    oh god don't say it like that, i'm worried now! yes I am. is it awful? please don't say its another dd101! mind you, I don't actually have to do it, but its recommended that I do it for the arts (philosophy) side of my degree. I know they'll be f-all philosophy in it but I was hoping for something slightly more interesting than sociology and economics!

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

I missed all of that as well because DD101 was my second Level 1. Thank God, cos I would have been stressing myself out with it. As it is I managed to sent my confirmation back to SFE super late, so i'm now getting letter from the OU saying my courses are unpaid for xD.

FP, sorry if I sounded disheartening, that was not my intent. The arts past and present is, in my opinion, a very good module! Quite literacy based, but it's got a variety of topics crammed into quite a short course. Personally, I would have preferred to do the arts after DD101. I hope you really enjoy it!
    Last edited by soph_17; 09-15-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

FP, sorry if I sounded disheartening, that was not my intent. The arts past and present is, in my opinion, a very good module! Quite literacy based, but it's got a variety of topics crammed into quite a short course. Personally, I would have preferred to do the arts after DD101. I hope you really enjoy it!
    phew! I thought you meant 'oh no you're not doing that one are you?' haha. oh thats good i'm glad. i'm now on word 1060!

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon