Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

I feel you.. Only one cure for it. Keep seeing eachother :P
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Hehe, hopefully we will. :')
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Does he live close by?
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Want:

We go to university in the same city, so he is pretty close. I'll be spending some time with my family over summer, but we should be able to see each other quite a bit because I'll also be spending some time here. :')
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Just worked out I've been pierced 47 times and had 47 hours of tattoo work.

Can you tell I'm bored?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Not only do I make bad life choices, my bad life choices are very poorly timed.

Am I blind or are other people just seeing things?

When I was in Amsterdam last week I popped into a piercing shop to see if they had a smaller bar for one of my industrials. The shop I got all my piercings is in Almere but yeah since I wasn't there anymore I just decided to walk into a random shop I came across. I have noticed the last month or so that since the bar I got pierced with was longer to allow for the swelling it is causing problems now. It is my second Industrial on that ear and I wanted it to cross over the other quite a bit. The placement is fine and doesn't bother me nor gives me problems. The bottom hole is pretty low however. Which, in combination with the long bar, causes problems while sleeping. Usually the extra bar sticks out on the bottom. But in my sleep if I roll over the bar moves up. All this moving around makes it act up from time to time. If the bar would be the correct size the problem would be solved.

The piercer who helped me in the shop in Amsterdam refused to look for a correct size though. I still can't make my mind up if it's a good thing or a bad thing.. I mean... She is right that it is quite soon. Since that industrial is just over three months old. However this long bar is causing problems that don't need to happen.
    Is it good that she sticks with not letting me switch them out because it is still so early, especially for an industrial, or is it bad that she is letting something cause unnecessary problems?

She also said that all the four holes in that ear have bumps on them and that my ear is still swollen up. The bumps struck me as surprise because I couldn't remember all of them having bumps. And swollen.. Yeah I was sure it wasn't. My ear is now as thick as it always was. I have quite thick ears to begin with. She just wouldn't believe that. I couldn't get it into her head that my ears are like that naturally.
    Anyhow when I got home that evening, around five hours later, I checked my ear in the mirror. And there was only one bump on that ear, that is on the inside of the bottom hole on my oldest industrial. Not even on the one I wanted to change out. It has been there a while now and it's slowly starting to shrink. That was and still is the only bump I have on my right ear. Not all four holes. Just that one..

So am I blind or was she seeing things? I really don't get it anymore.
    One thing I do know for sure is that I won't go back to that shop and just do everything from my own piercer. The only thing that the piercer from the shop in Amsterdam was fascinated with was my tongue. She rounded up everyone in the shop, even all the costumers, because everyone needed to see it in her opinion. That was kinda funny and also nice to have so many people take an interest in my tongue piercings.
    ((And as always I ended up making things way longer than needed...))

Want:

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

@Patrick: She sounds a little incompetent to me, but I'm no expert... Plus, I think the tongue thing was a bit rude? Thankfully you're a chill dude and didn't have a problem, but what if you had?
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Hhmm.. yeah true Niki. But I can also understand why she acted like that on my tongue. I mean.. I have seven tongue piercings. It's not that common to see someone with more than three. At least not over here in the netherlands. But I guess it does come down to how open and relaxed you are with those kind of things.
    And incompetent wise.. That was what waas running through my head too. But I'm just not sure in this situation. Ugh..

Want:

I just realised that the shop in Amsterdam gave me an aftercare sheet because of "all" of those bumps around my industrials. So I looked for it and read through it. I have to say that after reading it my faith in the shop has decreased quite a bit. They say that if any problem arises that you should see a doctor. No matter what. If it's just the piercing being irritated, being afraid it might be migrating, being infected, getting bumps and such on it. Just go to the doctors they say. I can understand it if it's infected. But the other things... Shouldn't they be able to advise people on what to do? In my opinion this sounds pretty bad. It comes over as if they don't want to help you with problems that might arise.

And they say the healing time for cartilage, nipple and cheecks piercings is 3 to 9 months! 9 months sound better. Or well... Let's just say that I think 3 months is really positive thinking for nipples and cheecks. Never heard of someone healing them that quickly....

Want: