Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

I really need someone to tell me what to do here...
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I applied for a job on Friday and yesterday they asked to do some online tests. I was sure I'd failed them but then a few hours later they emailed again asking me to book in a for a phone interview. So that's at 11am, fingers crossed!
    Sarah

Good luck!
    left ear: 14mm lobe, helix & tragus
    right ear: 14mm lobe, rook & conch
    elsewhere: nostril, nipples & 2 tattoos

Thanks I hate phone interviews, so I'm not sure how it went but I have all my fingers and toes crossed! I really need a new job!
    Sarah

My brother, 11 years old, just commented on a news article on facebook stating "minimum wage should $12.50" (currently $7.50) I'm dying
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Being woken up to a knock on the door from some very scary big bailiffs is not how I wanted to start my day this morning. I now have to move my valuable stuff out and put it elsewhere all because my housemate runs away from her problems.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Being woken up to a knock on the door from some very scary big bailiffs is not how I wanted to start my day this morning. I now have to move my valuable stuff out and put it elsewhere all because my housemate runs away from her problems.
    That sounds very unpleasant. If the debt is nothing to do with you, remember that bailiffs can't take any of your posessions. Were these real (court) bailiffs, or just debt collectors? I assume this is the same housemate that you were having problems with a week or so back.

Yep same girl, and yes real court bailiffs, she has a 900 fine to pay and she has managed to run away from it since before Christmas. I know the laws with repossession but I am not taking any chances so I am moving all of my valuables, most of which are gifts and therefore have no receipt for, somewhere safe. The bailiffs weren't rude or anything but I had been woken up to two MASSIVE men at my front door so it was really not a nice experience, they pretty much tipped me off that despite this was her problem, their next visit will unavoidably cause drama for everyone in the house. So my valuables are going somewhere safe whether they can take them or not. I am absolutely furious with my housemate, I rang her up immediately to tell her what happened, she rang them and complained that they weren't very nice to her and she then attempted to make it look like she was the victim. I have no sympathy. She clearly doesn't realise at the age of 22 that her actions in the eyes of the law, are criminal. I shouldn't have to pay my rent here but have to uproot myself because someone can't pay a fine because going out and buying clothes and take out is a much better way to spend money.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Yep same girl, and yes real court bailiffs, she has a 900 fine to pay and she has managed to run away from it since before Christmas. I know the laws with repossession but I am not taking any chances so I am moving all of my valuables, most of which are gifts and therefore have no receipt for, somewhere safe.
    If you don't have receipts then moving them elsewhere someplace safe is a good idea. If you have a car, you might want to park that away from the address too.

I assume she realises that every visit will typically increase the debt owed to the court. In extremis, she will be arrested to appear for non-payment (if it relates to a criminal conviction) - perhaps spending a few hours in court cells would actually make her realise the gravity of the situation! In any event, the fee of 235 that I suspect will be added at the next visit should make her take stock (http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/bai...te-court-fines).
    Last edited by julian; 04-21-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Luckily I do not have a car so that's not an issue. And yeah her original fine was less than the amount I stated but has increased since the bailiffs came over. Apparently they gave notice of their coming but she didn't think to tell me, she either thought it was an empty threat or that I'd be ok with it... she doesn't know me very well. It is technically criminal activity she has been fined for but I am sure the she has not given me the full story.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace