Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

  1. #13531
    Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May-2011
    Location
    Patra, Greece
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Billy Talent was on a Q&A on Facebook and mine was the only question they didn't answer... after, like, 5 minutes they posted a "And the Q&A is over now, thanks guys" status. Awesome!

    I'm also thinking that a package I've been waiting for should have arrived by now, and that my day today was crappy as hell for no reason (not because of the above, haha- it just added to the crappiness). *sigh*
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

    RIP: right nostril, navel

    Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

    Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

  2. #13532
    Senior Member CenturyChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2010
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Feeling very sad at the moment.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

    ​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

    Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

    2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

    Next: 3rd HCH.



  3. #13533
    Senior Member julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Feeling very sad at the moment.
    Can you talk to anyone? I must admit I find certain music can help lift my mood (the more uplifting works by Bach are quite good).

  4. #13534
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    Billy Talent was on a Q&A on Facebook and mine was the only question they didn't answer... after, like, 5 minutes they posted a "And the Q&A is over now, thanks guys" status. Awesome!

    I'm also thinking that a package I've been waiting for should have arrived by now, and that my day today was crappy as hell for no reason (not because of the above, haha- it just added to the crappiness). *sigh*
    Urgh I feel you with the package thing. I've had something go missing recently. I got a full refund but it's not the point, I wanted the item and if I want to buy it new it would cost 3x as much! :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  5. #13535
    Senior Member CenturyChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2010
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    Can you talk to anyone? I must admit I find certain music can help lift my mood (the more uplifting works by Bach are quite good).
    Oh yeah, I spoke to my mum and friends about it but there's nothing that can be done about the reason why I am sad. I will turn to my feel good music when I get home. Bach is incredibly uplifting, although Mozart is a personal favourite. And Stravinsky but I doubt that will fix the mood.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

    ​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

    Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

    2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

    Next: 3rd HCH.



  6. #13536
    Senior Member julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Oh yeah, I spoke to my mum and friends about it but there's nothing that can be done about the reason why I am sad. I will turn to my feel good music when I get home. Bach is incredibly uplifting, although Mozart is a personal favourite. And Stravinsky but I doubt that will fix the mood.
    The one problem is with music - it can work the other way too :( When I was in hospital a few years ago, for some odd reason "Zadock the Priest" (a piece that I normally enjoy) had me in tears when I listened to it on my mp3 player in the ward. I wasn't too happy then when the classical channel in the MRI scanner played exactly this piece - desperately trying to stay still for the scan whilst you are sobbing uncontrollably isn't easy. I think it somehow reminded me of the scene in "The Madness of King George" (which incidentally was a superb choice for that moment in the film).
    Last edited by julian; 04-14-2015 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #13537
    Senior Member julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    917

    Default

    How could people be so cruel? http://www.holocaustresearchproject....os/tarnow.html We still don't seemed to have learned anything as a species.

  8. #13538
    Senior Member Firedrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May-2014
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    I also remember A LOT of my dreams. In fact, at school, my friends got sick of me because I would relate multiple dreams to them each week. I'd start out "Oh I had the weirdest dream last night..." and they'd all sigh and walk away haha. My mum has previously said that my dreams are like epic novels because I always remember so many details. I've had lucid dreams too. As far as I remember they've all been good dreams, and I usually enjoy them. I like knowing I'm dreaming.

    Haha this is me all over, I swear most of my morning conversations start this way. I don't have many nightmares, if I do, they're terrifying, but if I try to explain them, they don't sound scary at all. Most of my dreams that should be scary, aren't.
    I've lucid dreamt only a couple of times, once was before my grandad passed away, I made a chocolate tap in the garden that made milkshakes and grandad was in his PJ's on the verandah.


    Julian, species don't really learn things as a whole, the harsh and cruel survive, and the soft and meek die. Survival of the fittest and all, evolution, and we've "evolved" to be a heartless cruel species. We don't learn, because it goes against the ruling minority's nature. I believe these cruel and cold, unfeeling specimens crop up every few generations (and now more so) as nature's way of dealing with overpopulation. Along with new diseases, floods, fires, etc. Yes, it's horrible, but life is too, plenty of people realise that nature is cruel. We're all animals and we'll never get away from that.
    Last edited by Firedrake; 04-15-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed


  9. #13539
    Senior Member julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Julian, species don't really learn things as a whole, the harsh and cruel survive, and the soft and meek die. Survival of the fittest and all, evolution, and we've "evolved" to be a heartless cruel species. We don't learn, because it goes against the ruling minority's nature. I believe these cruel and cold, unfeeling specimens crop up every few generations (and now more so) as nature's way of dealing with overpopulation. Along with new diseases, floods, fires, etc. Yes, it's horrible, but life is too, plenty of people realise that nature is cruel. We're all animals and we'll never get away from that.
    Actually I think the heartless and cruel are with us every generation - the milgram experiment showed that. The problem is when people like that then get into power (which of course they are more likely to do due to their essentially uncaring nature). You are right that species don't learn - but supposedly "we" are better than animals, with our large brain, and ability to pass information between many generations.

    On the last page of "Three men on the Bummel", JKJ wrote that they had enjoyed their stay in Germany during a holiday, but that the risk was that one day Germany would be ruled by a bad leader. "Hitherto, the German has had the blessed fortune to be exceptionally well governed; if this continue, it will go well with him. When his troubles will begin will be when by any chance something goes wrong with the governing machine.". That was written in 1900.
    Last edited by julian; 04-15-2015 at 07:37 AM.

  10. #13540
    Senior Member Firedrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May-2014
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Yeah, that's what saddens me, we're supposed to know better, learn more, and be a species set apart, when really we've probably become worse than animals, because of the fact that we ​should know better, but we never act on it.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •