Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Going to be on a plane for 14 hours in a few weeks (17 hours a few weeks after on the return journey).

Where are you going?

14 hours was my longest flight, coming back from Texas many moons ago. I read all three of the Dave Pelzer books in that time and still had an hour before touch down.

Long hauls are a night mare.

^ that's very unusual. I love my kindle I wouldn't be without it. I think I like the fact that although I love having physical copies of books (the prettier the better) a kindle edition will never get old and tattered. I still hold that getting The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin for 99p is both a great bargain and an insult to Tolkien.

Where are you going Jester?
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    ^ that's very unusual. I love my kindle I wouldn't be without it. I think I like the fact that although I love having physical copies of books (the prettier the better) a kindle edition will never get old and tattered. I still hold that getting The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin for 99p is both a great bargain and an insult to Tolkien.

Oi, you know full well that i've many paperbacks that still have an unbroken spine, and my hardbacks will look as good in 20 years as the day i bought them.

Treat your books right and they'll look good forever! No tatters!

I'm off to Guatemala for tequila and coffee and skeletons. I lied about the first two, they're just a bonus.

It's actually split in to two parts, with four hours at the airport in Miami (then eight on the way back). Yaaaay. -_-

I hate travelling. But I just have to tell myself, it'll never be as bad as being stuck on that coach to Wacken for twenty four hours. Dear God, I could have killed some one.

I don't really have anything worth reading on my Kindle; it's mainly crappy, free thrillers. And the book I'm reading at the moment I'll finish in a couple of hours. So I have no idea what to take. I mean, I could take my Gormenghast books, but they're separate and take up loads of room. Guess I could finally make my father proud and read the First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, which will be easier to carry as I have the single book edition (been putting off since I was about fifteen; I have this weird hing where when my dad has a favourite piece of media, I refuse to partake. And that's why I will never watch the Exorcist.)

Bleh. I just wish I could find out the regulations for knitting needles/crochet hooks for Guatemalan flights. I know you can take them on flights between the UK and the US (I was amazed when I found that out), but I don't want to spend several hours working on something, only to have it taken off of me and never see it again.

I bought my Kindle to load it up with e-text books, so I wasn't carrying twenty five million different copies of 'how to tell if this person is dead and what to do about it', plus I transfer loads of journal articles on to it.

I have read a few novels on there. And I appreciate it's ease for moving from place A to B (such as flights), but, ehhh. I just prefer real books; I have no emotional attachment to my Kindle, really (although without it I wouldn't have encountered one of my new favourite kids/YA books, so). But, yeah, definitely unusual that the Kindle copy is more expensive. Pfft.

And I'm with Darren. =P My book shelf is impeccable. The only books with damage are second hand ones. I am a true bibliophile in the sense that I use books as ornaments as much as for reading. They are my precious. I nearly cried when I slightly dented the cover of Black Roses.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-07-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I'm too heavy handed I guess haha! That and most of my books come on holiday or commutes with me and my bags are never kind to them. My book shelf at my parents is quite a collection but I'm reading a lot of non-fiction at present most of which psychology based and I make quick work of them so my kindle is efficient.

That sounds awesome Jester, I wish I could go away but that requires money. Something I am running short of.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I'm too heavy handed I guess haha! That and most of my books come on holiday or commutes with me and my bags are never kind to them. My book shelf at my parents is quite a collection but I'm reading a lot of non-fiction at present most of which psychology based and I make quick work of them so my kindle is efficient.

That sounds awesome Jester, I wish I could go away but that requires money. Something I am running short of.
    I used to take books with me everywhere, especially when I was commuting to and from college, which was an a hour bus journey each way. But I don't tend to take books anywhere any more, so that could account for why mine stay in good shape, haha! =P

I wish I had time for read of any kind, fiction or non-fiction. There was a book we had to buy for our course that I was meant to finish before Christmas. Still only read one chapter. Oh well.

To be fair, I can't afford to go away either. But it was that, or not complete my MSc, so. It'll work out in the end, I'm sure. ^_^ (I hope...)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

I love having books but due to lack of space they are all on the hudl. I'd be needing a library for the amount I go through/buy haha.

Are you on good reads?
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    Oi, you know full well that i've many paperbacks that still have an unbroken spine, and my hardbacks will look as good in 20 years as the day i bought them.

Treat your books right and they'll look good forever! No tatters!
    That may depend on the ink and paper used :( I have hardbacks that are looking rather sad, as the paper wasn't acid free, so it discolours with age.

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    I love having books but due to lack of space they are all on the hudl. I'd be needing a library for the amount I go through/buy haha.

Are you on good reads?

I have two bookcases in the living room for 'display' (all my prettiest books). Then in the office, I have a bookshelf for all of my uni text books, the shelves that are part of desk house all my note books, diaries, folders, etc., and then another bookcase has all of my game guides, craft books and the books that are really important to me (it's where I keep both Gormenghast and Alice). And this is just the stuff I brought to/bought at uni; I have more at my parents'.

Out of all of this, my boyfriend has a single shelf dedicated to his entire book collection. =P

Yes, I am on Goodread. ^_^
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I'm thinking I'm SO happy it's such a nice day again and it's going to be good all week so I can do all the things we have planned. ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<