Thread: Tell me what you're thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    it's cool

Jester speaks wise words! Sometimes you just need to let life take its course, it won't be where you planned ending up but it'll still be amazing
    Thanks, I hope so.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

@Beth: I 100% feel you when it comes to uni rejection. It sucks, it makes you feel like a failure, you want to give up forever. It sucks. BUT, you will get through this and will come out stronger than before. Sometimes, we need a rejection more than success. Although it's nerve-wracking it definitely gets your attention, so you end up learning more from it (even though, again, it sucks). Also, the cliche saying: we wouldn't know the sun if it wasn't for the darkness, or something similar (sorry, I am a little sleep deprived) I also think that academic success/ failure isn't everything. Don't let it hurt you.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

I'm not a believer in "everything happens for a reason" at all but sometimes what seems like a crap thing turns into the best thing. I got rejected from every single uni I applied for to do vet med and ended up studying marine biology because it'd taken my interest during work experience. I wouldn't change it for the world now, my job is amazing, I get to work with such amazing animals every single day. If I'd got into vet school I'd probably be spending most of my days neutering cats and dogs. Would not swap it!
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

And here I am, I was homechooled, went to an Agricultural College after pestering my mum and dad for 2 years to let me go, I wound up depressed, hated the kids, the commercial farming aspect was absolutely dismal and I felt terrible for all the animals. I moved to a remote mining town right after school, got into a terrible relationship just so I could stay out of home, lasted 4 years and I feel it was all a waste of time, except for the fact that if I hadn't done all that, I wouldn't be where I am with the people I'm with today.
    At 13 all I wanted was to own my own farm, at 22 I thought I'd failed that dream because I was supposed to have been set up and bought land etc by the time I was 25 and I was in debt and practically homeless at that stage. But I didn't give up, I found ways to make things work, now I'm going on 24, I've almost saved enough to consider putting a deposit on 100 acres and I've started planning everything for the future. I've started studying towards my bachelor of internet communications, and although it's frustrating and hard because so far it's not what I want to do, I'm going to keep going because it'll give me something to work from home so I can spend time with my animals and children when I have them. For now, in a few weeks I'm applying for a job that pays $20k a year more than what I earn now, and the lady who is currently in that role (she's retiring) said she thinks I would be good at it. It's a long shot, but I think I can do it.

I would never have gotten this far if I hadn't been through all that crap.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I got rejected from my first choice of uni and so did Nick. We ended up living just down the corridor from one another in halls and now we're 5 1/2 months away from being married. Whilst marriage/romance is by no means the be all and end all I would never have met the man who's supported every decision I've made, who encourages me to do scary shit because he knows in the long run it will make me happy, who is my best friend and genuinely one of my favourite people ever. I'd also have ended up struggling with severe depression whilst living hours away from my support networks, most likely have dragged out an unhealthy and borderline abusive high school relationship for goodness only knows how long and would most likely not have taken on the voluntary roles I did at HW (including being a student advisor) which is what lead me to have the confidence to drop out of studying something that made me miserable and go and study counselling instead. I believe that whilst not everything happens for a reason, generally Big Life Crap does.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

so apparently my housemates were so loud last night the police got called on them....

I'm STILL laughing about it.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    @Beth: I 100% feel you when it comes to uni rejection. It sucks, it makes you feel like a failure, you want to give up forever. It sucks. BUT, you will get through this and will come out stronger than before. Sometimes, we need a rejection more than success. Although it's nerve-wracking it definitely gets your attention, so you end up learning more from it (even though, again, it sucks). Also, the cliche saying: we wouldn't know the sun if it wasn't for the darkness, or something similar (sorry, I am a little sleep deprived) I also think that academic success/ failure isn't everything. Don't let it hurt you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    I'm not a believer in "everything happens for a reason" at all but sometimes what seems like a crap thing turns into the best thing. I got rejected from every single uni I applied for to do vet med and ended up studying marine biology because it'd taken my interest during work experience. I wouldn't change it for the world now, my job is amazing, I get to work with such amazing animals every single day. If I'd got into vet school I'd probably be spending most of my days neutering cats and dogs. Would not swap it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    And here I am, I was homechooled, went to an Agricultural College after pestering my mum and dad for 2 years to let me go, I wound up depressed, hated the kids, the commercial farming aspect was absolutely dismal and I felt terrible for all the animals. I moved to a remote mining town right after school, got into a terrible relationship just so I could stay out of home, lasted 4 years and I feel it was all a waste of time, except for the fact that if I hadn't done all that, I wouldn't be where I am with the people I'm with today.
    At 13 all I wanted was to own my own farm, at 22 I thought I'd failed that dream because I was supposed to have been set up and bought land etc by the time I was 25 and I was in debt and practically homeless at that stage. But I didn't give up, I found ways to make things work, now I'm going on 24, I've almost saved enough to consider putting a deposit on 100 acres and I've started planning everything for the future. I've started studying towards my bachelor of internet communications, and although it's frustrating and hard because so far it's not what I want to do, I'm going to keep going because it'll give me something to work from home so I can spend time with my animals and children when I have them. For now, in a few weeks I'm applying for a job that pays $20k a year more than what I earn now, and the lady who is currently in that role (she's retiring) said she thinks I would be good at it. It's a long shot, but I think I can do it.

I would never have gotten this far if I hadn't been through all that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I got rejected from my first choice of uni and so did Nick. We ended up living just down the corridor from one another in halls and now we're 5 1/2 months away from being married. Whilst marriage/romance is by no means the be all and end all I would never have met the man who's supported every decision I've made, who encourages me to do scary shit because he knows in the long run it will make me happy, who is my best friend and genuinely one of my favourite people ever. I'd also have ended up struggling with severe depression whilst living hours away from my support networks, most likely have dragged out an unhealthy and borderline abusive high school relationship for goodness only knows how long and would most likely not have taken on the voluntary roles I did at HW (including being a student advisor) which is what lead me to have the confidence to drop out of studying something that made me miserable and go and study counselling instead. I believe that whilst not everything happens for a reason, generally Big Life Crap does.
    Aww, thanks everyone. <3

I don't have college on a Wednesday, so tomorrow I'm going to go to HTT and cheer myself up with a new piercing.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

you know your life is a car crash when you come home crying hysterically for no reason
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    so apparently my housemates were so loud last night the police got called on them....

I'm STILL laughing about it.
    Seriously?? XD
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Aww, thanks everyone. <3

I don't have college on a Wednesday, so tomorrow I'm going to go to HTT and cheer myself up with a new piercing.
    That sounds like a good plan
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum