Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The budget thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Lidl have one of the foldy tables with seats for about 40 atm I think Anne.
    When I was moving into halls I got stuff from ikea, tesco & asda mainly
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Wow, thanks kaitey I'll get bf on the case
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I highly recommend tesco for homey stuff

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Ikea is good for kitchen things, Most of them are under a fiver.
    Most of my bed stuffs from there too, 3 bed linen anyone?
    Cant wait till i get into the new flat in july just so i can go buy a load of stuff from ikea

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I did my food shopping in 4 places today.I went to Lidl first and then to tesco express,Valu and then my local Asian cash and carry.Since they are all close I can make sure I get the best deals from each,it does pay to look around rather than just use one shop I've found.
    Also the Asian cash and carry is really good,their fresh meat and fruit and veg is really cheap!Also if you eat tofu it's super cheap as well.
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

I don't know how other areas compare but the local market in the city does amazingly cheap fruit & veg. My boyfriend came home with about 7 peppers, 20 chillis and a big box of strawberries (like what would be about 3.50 in a supermarket then) for 1 each.

I'm also an Aldi fan (their coke & Asda's coke are the only ones I like, and I need my caffeine!), although I do the majority of my shopping at Morrisons, simply because it's on my way home and I figure I spend more money on the petrol going miles out of my way to Asda, haha.

I also try to check this page (and also BeforeIShop in case there are any that MSE haven't put up) before I go shopping and try to only take note of vouchers for things I wanted anyway...not be tempted by other things, heh.

Wilko is the best place for homeware... the larger ones are also pretty good for basic decorating stuff.

Money saving tip: Never buy anything from homebase. You can usually get it in Wilkos for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMooMoo View Post
    I did my food shopping in 4 places today.I went to Lidl first and then to tesco express,Valu and then my local Asian cash and carry.Since they are all close I can make sure I get the best deals from each,it does pay to look around rather than just use one shop I've found.
    Also the Asian cash and carry is really good,their fresh meat and fruit and veg is really cheap!Also if you eat tofu it's super cheap as well.
    I LOVE my local Asian cash and carry, so much lovely fresh stuff.. I could quite easily spend ages in there.
    Current: 4 Lobes (10mm & 2.4mm), Tongue Web, Navel, Right & Left Nostril, VCH (2mm), Right Rook, Septum (3.2mm), Triangle (2.4mm), Left Tragus

RIP: 2 Sternum Microdermals, Horizontal Nipples, Right Conch

Tattoos: Falling Leaves on inner right wrist (AFI), Song Lyrics on right ribs (AFI)

I'm Helen

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    Wilko is the best place for homeware... the larger ones are also pretty good for basic decorating stuff.

Money saving tip: Never buy anything from homebase. You can usually get it in Wilkos for half the price.

And QD for those that live in the east
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x3, rook x3, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2, septum, double nostrils.

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x3

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca

It's time to fix your energy bills:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2011/04/energy-prices-could-rise-in-may?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campai gn=box

New budgetting tactics are working well for me. I decided to try and limit myself to 35 food budget per week (down from 50-60).

On saturday I went to the greengrocers and bought 8 plums, 6 tomatoes, 2 courgettes, 6 potatoes, a cabbage and a large turnip for only 4. Also went to the local weigh house and bought an enormous amount of barley, dried peas, lentils and spices for 3.50... Looks like I'll be coming in underbudget!

The more money I save, the more I can drop the sale price of my flat and actually escape. Times are harsh and the property market is completely dead... I anticipate saving another 2k by the end of July!