Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The budget thread

Keep snacks like cereal bars, etc, in your bag when you go out.
    That way, if you get hungry, you can snack of that rather than buying a stupidly priced chocolate bar or something.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Thanks Hazel I had a look at my online banking, they say you should tell the originator (ie the phone company) but there is a cancel button next to the direct debit so I can just tell them by phone I'm going to cancel it, and cancel it myself. We still get paper bills anyway so dad can sort out payment from then on.
    Haha they're going to miss me paying the phonebill and digs

Agree with Flo on the snacks thing ^ packed lunches are great but even chucking an apple or something in your bag can save you spending a surprising amount!

Oh also, when I was at uni I'd set myself a "spending money" budget for the week and anything left over went in a piggybank amazing how you can cut down on buying sandwiches etc with coffee when you want to save up for a new pair of shoes or whatever.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Flo[ProActiv] View Post
    Keep snacks like cereal bars, etc, in your bag when you go out.
    That way, if you get hungry, you can snack of that rather than buying a stupidly priced chocolate bar or something.
    I always carry around a bag of dried apricots or something similar to snack on if I get hungry, it's definitely cheaper that a stupidly priced chocolate bar/crisps etc.
    Current: 4 Lobes (10mm & 2.4mm), Tongue Web, Navel, Right & Left Nostril, VCH (2mm), Right Rook, Septum (3.2mm), Triangle (2.4mm), Left Tragus

RIP: 2 Sternum Microdermals, Horizontal Nipples, Right Conch

Tattoos: Falling Leaves on inner right wrist (AFI), Song Lyrics on right ribs (AFI)

I'm Helen

Poundland!
    Joanne

Piercings : 3x Lobes Each Ear, Inner Conch, Tragus, Helix, Monroe, Wrist Microdermal, 2x Collarbone Microdermals, Both Nipples

Tattoos : 'Joanne' & a star on my lower back, Chinese love symbol behind my ear, Butterfly design on my hand, Star design on my wrist, Heart design on my foot

<3

Dunno if this is has been mentioned before, but there's all kinds of useful info on here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

I've currently got my eyes glued to the 'House Buying, Renting and Selling' forum, but there's all kinds of budget calculators on there for household bills etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xJoanne1993x View Post
    Poundland!
    Not always great value btw, I've seen loads of things in pound shops that you can get for say 70p etc elsewhere! They can be great though!

Jane I love MSE I use it all the time, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a meal out thanks to that site haha
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Work in shop, get staff discount. Yay. :P
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x3, rook x3, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2, septum, double nostrils.

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x3

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca

Reduced food section in supermarkets.. fantastic for meat and fish. Just bag/portion it up and freeze it!
    Current: 4 Lobes (10mm & 2.4mm), Tongue Web, Navel, Right & Left Nostril, VCH (2mm), Right Rook, Septum (3.2mm), Triangle (2.4mm), Left Tragus

RIP: 2 Sternum Microdermals, Horizontal Nipples, Right Conch

Tattoos: Falling Leaves on inner right wrist (AFI), Song Lyrics on right ribs (AFI)

I'm Helen

i get the majoriy of my meet from the reduced section. i love it!! can get some for less than half price. and its perfectly fine to freeze
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

I took a trip to Aldi yesterday, because my mate has just bought a flat opposite it.... I was very impressed with the selection. Got an awesome appel strudel for 99p. Think I might be going there more often!