Thread: What gigs do you have lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by bessmertie View Post
    I saw them 2 or 3 years ago, I think. The setlist was great, even though, as usually, they didn't play any FALAA song and Eldritch had no personal interaction with the audience at all. But I'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

Sorry to hear about your T-shirt being ruined.
    I was pleased when I saw them that they played my favourite song "Something Fast".

Did you get to catch Bauhaus when they toured around the same time? They did an awesome cover of Transmission by Joy Division. Sadly for Bauahus, their most popular tunes of the night were Transmission, Telegram Sam and Ziggy Stardust...none of which were written by them!
    Piercings:
    Lower lip (labret) - 1.6mm
    Nostril (bar closure) - 1.2mm
    Retired:
    Prince Albert (bcr) - 2.4mm

Tattoos:
    Shoulder
    Elbow join
    Calf
    Side
    Bum

I just don't want to know anymore.
    Life shifts up and down,
    Everybody knows it's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jameshasahat View Post
    I know! I would cry. Missed 4 gigs so far in my life due to not having people to go with (after having bought tickets!).
    that officially sucks... iv never had to miss a gig due to that... well nearly missed Front Line Assembly a few years back, but managed to find someone to go with .

really hope you find someone!
    Hey there, im Zoe!

I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH INK ON OR HOLES IN MY BODY FOR MY LIKING...

Cheers! I won't hold my breath!
    Piercings:
    Retired:

Tattoos:
    Shoulder
    Elbow join
    Calf
    Side
    Bum

Life shifts up and down,

I know! I would cry. Missed 4 gigs so far in my life due to not having people to go with (after having bought tickets!).
    go by yourself! i know it sounds sad, but in the end you're there for the music right? if i had waited for people to go with i would have only gone to 4 gigs last year rather than the 52 that i went to alone.

plus there are always people in the crowd who will talk to you etc.
    have: snug, tragus, 10mm lobes, helix, inner conch, tiny ickle lower lip. retired: 14mm outer conch orbital, industrial, rook

If I wasn't quite a shy person and if it wasn't an hour away by train then I'd consider it. But that's really not my thing!
    Piercings:
    Retired:

Tattoos:
    Shoulder
    Elbow join
    Calf
    Side
    Bum

Life shifts up and down,

fair doos. hope you find someone to go with. or if its sold out you could make a tidy profit selling it on
    *i do no condone buying tickets to just tout them afterwards!* (thats before i get evils off someone)
    have: snug, tragus, 10mm lobes, helix, inner conch, tiny ickle lower lip. retired: 14mm outer conch orbital, industrial, rook

Hehe, I don't either.

I had tickets to see a band once and then found better ones for sale so I bought more to be near the front and put my other ones on eBay (with a BuyItNow of the face value). Some muppet ended up bidding twice the face value. I didn't complain. He turned me into a tout, it wasn't my fault!
    Piercings:
    Retired:

Tattoos:
    Shoulder
    Elbow join
    Calf
    Side
    Bum

Life shifts up and down,

hey - if gumtree and ebay didnt sell second hand tickets then i'd be vewy vewy sad :( you have to be shit hot on knowing when tickets go out to not need to do business with a tout at some point

nice one on the ebay sale. some people are, well lets just say evolution isnt perfect

bessmertie

I was pleased when I saw them that they played my favourite song "Something Fast".

Did you get to catch Bauhaus when they toured around the same time? They did an awesome cover of Transmission by Joy Division. Sadly for Bauahus, their most popular tunes of the night were Transmission, Telegram Sam and Ziggy Stardust...none of which were written by them!

No, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see them, they skipped Croatia on that tour and at the time I didn't have enough cash to see them playing in Italy or Germany... I'll search for that Transmission cover, the only good cover of it that I heard was by Low. Completely different but still great. I don't want to sound blasphemous but I find it almost as good as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by bessmertie View Post
    No, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see them, they skipped Croatia on that tour and at the time I didn't have enough cash to see them playing in Italy or Germany... I'll search for that Transmission cover, the only good cover of it that I heard was by Low. Completely different but still great. I don't want to sound blasphemous but I find it almost as good as the original.
    Well Bauahus' cover wasn't very original, I think he wanted to sound like Ian Curtis...he even danced a lot like him during the song. It was a tribute though. I think the crowd enjoyed it because it was such a surprise.

Bauhaus were brilliant live. As SoM are my 3rd favourite band I'd say SoM were better, but I was surprised at how good Bauhaus were.
    Piercings:
    Retired:

Tattoos:
    Shoulder
    Elbow join
    Calf
    Side
    Bum