Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nape piercing

Default nape piercing

just a quick question,

after reading the thread 'and this is why we dont go to blue banana' about the nape piercing done with a bent 'straight' barbell.

I am looking to get my nape pierced next week and I though I had it all figured out. But i'm not so sure now. Is is ok to have a nape piercing with PTFE?? or does it have to be the surface bar??
    8 out of the 9 voices are telling me to go back to bed!!
    Piercings I have - 2x lobes 1x scaffold in left ear 1x nape
    Piercings I want -Forward helix, Tragus, 2 maybe 3 pinna and Navel

I'd get microdermals instead.

Surface bars run a high risk of rejection and are dangerous imo. I've seen many get ripped out of the skin before. Just get some dermal anchors instead. I think they look nicer anyway, but I guess it's up to you. That's what I'm doing for my nape.
    ALEXA

Current Piercings
    - Industrial (14g)
    - Nose (18g)
    - Tongue (14g)
    - Lobes (stretched to 4g)
    - Left-side Labret (14g)

Piercings Wanted
    - Lip
    - Double Helix
    - Nape
    - Navel
    - Double Lobe

Maybe
    - Munroe

Retired
    - Septum (16g)

I've heard its ok with PTFE but I would still go with Micro Dermals, much less rejection rate and a lot easier to heal. Plus I'm getting nape MD's next. :3
    Retired: Labret, right nipple, 2nd lobes, vertical snake bites.
    Current: tongue, bridge, earlobe (both), scaffold (left ear), nipples,septum, medusa
    Considering: nostrils, lots of ear stuffs.
    Tattoos: vaporeon, star,sparrow, gypsy heads, mermaid, rose, a koi, triforce, sega controller, rose of no mans land, and lucky kitty.

And people think microdermals are less prone to getting ripped out? Wrong! A surface bar is more stable.

Keep in mind ptfe has to be changed every so often as your body starts to break it down. A well placed nape surface bar can last a while if properly taken care of.

I don't think we think that. But I would rather have to go get an MD put back in place than have an entire surface bar reject...
    Retired: Labret, right nipple, 2nd lobes, vertical snake bites.
    Current: tongue, bridge, earlobe (both), scaffold (left ear), nipples,septum, medusa
    Considering: nostrils, lots of ear stuffs.
    Tattoos: vaporeon, star,sparrow, gypsy heads, mermaid, rose, a koi, triforce, sega controller, rose of no mans land, and lucky kitty.

Pesonally i'm with Necrophilliac on that, i've had surface bars in my wrist and my nape, and I difinitely prefer the feeling to microdermals, it's very much personal choice.Especially on the nape suface bars and micorodermals have a fairly similar chance of lasting.You can get PTFE bars that have been bent onto a surface bar shape, I hadn't realised they have to be changed, but that's the only suitable PTFE jewellery.Otherwise just a regular surface bar would work. and probably what i'd recommen.If a surface piercing does reject and you notice fairly quickly the scarring really isn't that bad-I had to remove my wrist, and yeah it's noticeable but with oil massages it'll break it down.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

hey thats for all your replies, Id love to get MD but I have in the past had to have a lot of scans where all metal would need to be removed. My only concern with my health would be that MD's are non removeable and PTFE is 'scan safe'

I spoke with a friend of mine who has had PTFE nape piercing in for 5yrs and has not had the bar changed, so i'll be sure to pass on that info.

xx
    8 out of the 9 voices are telling me to go back to bed!!
    Piercings I have - 2x lobes 1x scaffold in left ear 1x nape
    Piercings I want -Forward helix, Tragus, 2 maybe 3 pinna and Navel

PTFE doesn't need to be changed. The above poster is probably thinking of Tygon, which needs to be replaced every few months as the body breaks it down. PTFE is resistant to this though.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
    PTFE doesn't need to be changed. The above poster is probably thinking of Tygon, which needs to be replaced every few months as the body breaks it down. PTFE is resistant to this though.
    This

In my experience well placed skin divers or microdermals reject less often than a surface or curved PTFE bar but none of them are 'uncatchable' or less likely to get caught really
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Whoops! Thanks for the correction ninja girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast