Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: significant others and piercings

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriewa View Post
    I am single at the moment, but my friend isn't and she said that she really wants piercings, but her boyfriend doesn't allow her...
    I wouldn't even bother with people like that
    Damn, I have to say I also wouldn't bother with people like that... I too am currently single, but if I was with someone and if I wanted the milky way tattooed to my forehead I would do it regardless of how my significant other feels. It's not because I'm being an ass, to me getting a piercing and/or a tattoo is part of expressing who you are and because of that, you should be free to do it. He's free to leave me for it, and I wouldn't hold it against him because I understand it isn't for everyone, but to "not allow" someone you love to get a piercing/tattoo is just wrong in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    Damn, I have to say I also wouldn't bother with people like that... I too am currently single, but if I was with someone and if I wanted the milky way tattooed to my forehead I would do it regardless of how my significant other feels. It's not because I'm being an ass, to me getting a piercing and/or a tattoo is part of expressing who you are and because of that, you should be free to do it. He's free to leave me for it, and I wouldn't hold it against him because I understand it isn't for everyone, but to "not allow" someone you love to get a piercing/tattoo is just wrong in my book.

Agree completely. No guy has ever been negative about my piercings fortunately but I guess by having a pretty obvious one on my face i will put off anybody offended by them straight away lol.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Husband isn't fussed about my piercings but I only have a few (mainly on my ears) but the tongue and septum are big no no's for him.

Not 'significant other' but my parents and indeed the rest of my family think getting anything other than your ear lobes pierced is bizarre. I've had to be a bit careful as a result.

Mine is overall iffy about piercings, tattoos, anything being done to the body in general. But he knows that it's now commonplace so I think he doesn't mind so long as I don't go overboard.

Stockton-on-Tees / Bristol / Letchworth GC

I decided about a month ago that I quite liked the idea of getting my nipples pierced, and wanted to ask my SO beforehand - It would have annoyed me if he had been negative, but at the end of the day I like to feel attractive for him. So I wanted to know beforehand if he had a real thing about it and would hate it. He said nope he'd had gf's with pierced nips before and was the best ever - supported me doing it, but also said if I decided I didnt want to that was fine too
    Until then I'd only ever had earlobes pierced and zero tattoos, he has absolutely nothing so we're not exactly a body mod couple but he was great. Even offered to pay as the high(ish) price was putting me off a little.
    Curious Newbie

Piercings: 2 x earlobe (done when I was too young to remember)
    2 x nipples (25/04/17)

I've been a long time lurker on this site and this is my first post.
    I've had a piercing fascination since I was a young male about 15 years old and I'm now 43 and married. I work as a senior manager in a large company. I've currently got 0 piercings but that will hopefully soon change. I've always wanted my ears pierced but felt too self conscious to actually follow thru with it on a permanent basis.

In high school I was always fascinated by the girls with multiple ear piercings and was much more turned on by those girls than those with the usual single ear piercing.

Later on I moved out of home and went to University in another state but was still too self conscious to get something done to my ears however I became much more aware of body piercings and how many other places you could get pierced besides the ear. So after finishing uni and moving interstate again for my first job I decided to take the plunge, found a nearby piercing place and got both nipples pierced. However once again my self conscious kicked in again and they only lasted a week or two.
    So it looked like it would always remain a fantasy for me but I would always be looking out for people who had multiple ear piercings or visible body piercings as it would be a turn on.

My wife then commented recently that she would consider getting a Daith piercing if it helped reduce the severe migraines she suffers from as her cousin in Ireland had it done and seemed to work for her. I was instantly excited. So naturally I told her this piercing would be a great idea. Then I figured it was now or never, so I decided to take the plunge and reveal to my wife my piercing fascination. Much to my relief this conversation actually went down extremely well with her and she was quite fascinated with my piercing interest - I went to bed that night and hardly slept as I was so excited by our earlier piercing conversation. In a following discussion later that week I told her this fascination had been there since I was 15 years old and wanting something that I couldn't have, she then said she understood where it came from and told me she was fully supportive of my decision, if I hadn't already known it I knew my wife was special. A number of other "bod mods" came up during these discussions including other more intimate piercings and tattoos. She mentioned that she finds both of these mods attractive - as neither of us has any Tatts I was surprised by her interest in this area. She even mentioned getting some more piercings in the future if this first one went well.

When she had another severe headache but not quite a migraine she said she wanted to try out this piercing for relief. I told her that I had been googling reputable piercing studios (as her type of ear piercing needed to be done by a professional at proper piercing place in the city but she was loathe to go into the city and get this done by herself. So i offered to take her and then mentioned that I would like to get my nipple pierced whilst she was there - she said "whatever makes you happy honey, if that's something you want to get done, then do it". She then said "why don't you ring up the piercing studio tomorrow that you mentioned last week and get us both booked in next week". I couldn't believe it my fascination was becoming a reality and my wife was hugely supportive of this whole decision.

It was interesting that My wife recently mentioned how I now have become so much more intimate with her over the last few weeks, which I had because of her support of my piercing fascination which makes me want to please her more. So I really believe she likes this 'new me' because of how much more physical attention I'm giving her.

Having a supportive partner makes a huge difference as I could never do this without us both being on the same page. It will be interesting to see where this journey takes us both over the next few years.

My other half is okay with me having piercings but I always ask him if he would be okay if I got this or I got that, not exactly permission since I would even if he said no ('though when he says no he usually has a good reason why) mainly out of respect or to involve him but I think his understanding came from him having his own experience with piercings back when he was younger. I'm very thankful he is supportive. I even show him some of the jewellery i will buy for some piercings, sometimes we even joke about what I find.

It really does help to have a supportive partner and I've never understood why people can't let their loved ones express themselves or enjoy themselves with piercings/tattoos. I am proud to say I'm a very lucky indeed.
    Current Piercings:
    First lobes - Done between the ages 7 and 9.
    Second lobes - Done 5.05.18.
    Third lobes - Done 29.03.17.
    Fourth lobes - Done 06.03.18.
    Helix (left ear) - Done 13.05.17.
    Nostril Piercing (left only) - Done 16.04.12.
    Tongue - Done 11.04.19

Piercing Plans:
    Triple forward helix < still working on this idea.
    Naval - possibly in the future.