Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Lightbulb The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Hello everyone

I've had quite a journey trying to heal nostril piercings. I had my left nostril pierced last July and it was healing wonderfully but then it developed the dreaded bump so I retired it after becoming impatient with it.

Since then I decided to have my right nostril pierced. I got it done in November and it was healing perfectly until I decided to have it changed to a quartz glass retainer 2 weeks after it was done (changed it to a retainer due to a job.) I've tried babying it with SSS and Chamomile tea but It didnt really seem to have any affect with the bump as it would just get bigger and it looked like fluid was filled inside of it. Because of that I stabbed it with a needle (I know I know a big no no I just couldnt help myself ) and fluid did come out and it seemed to help greatly. However, it's like a continuous cycle...it just keeps coming back. I'm guessing it's a piercing pimple? I'm not really sure. I'm hoping its not scar tissue, but again I have no idea. I'm planning on getting it changed by my piercer to a titanium stud instead to see if that help and to see what she thinks of it.

Anyway, I was wondering if theres anyone who could tell me any success stories with treating nostril piercing bumps to keep me hopeful. Before and after pictures would be even more awesome.

At the moment it is quite red since I stabbed it yet again last night ...but it has gone down!

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-19-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Turned incomplete links into thumbnails for photos instead

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

Awww no replies? This is really making me hopeful thanks guys haha. Anyway, Just wanted to update on how the bump is doing. It is still very red but it has gone down a bit. I'm doing SSS once a day (or twice if i can) with chamomile soaks. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it goes away eventually because I really love my nose piercing!..and on tuesday ill be having it changed to a titanium stud

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Don't know what it is really, but it looks like the ones i've had on my nose piercing, basically the same bump but i've had it 2/3 times due to jewellery changes, loads of reasons etc.Sounds like you're doing everything right, nothing else you can do really, but you should see the redness going in a few days.You say titanium stud, do you mean a labret?Could be worth you trying some different jewellery, maybe bioplast?I've found that the comfiest thing ever in mine, though even titanium will help.Sorry i'm not particualrly helpful, but nostril bumps are pretty commonplace, a lot of people find that even the slightest bump can irritate theirs again
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Heya, sorry no one replied! Looks like you may be on a different time zone to the majority of us!

When you popped your bump what came out? Fluid? What colour was it? Blood? Did it look fresh?

Does the bump go completely away after you have popped it?
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Don't know what it is really, but it looks like the ones i've had on my nose piercing, basically the same bump but i've had it 2/3 times due to jewellery changes, loads of reasons etc.Sounds like you're doing everything right, nothing else you can do really, but you should see the redness going in a few days.You say titanium stud, do you mean a labret?Could be worth you trying some different jewellery, maybe bioplast?I've found that the comfiest thing ever in mine, though even titanium will help.Sorry i'm not particualrly helpful, but nostril bumps are pretty commonplace, a lot of people find that even the slightest bump can irritate theirs again
    Yeah the redness has gone down it just kinda has a tiny scab now . I mean a titanium nose screw...or maybe a labret if that's better?

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Heya, sorry no one replied! Looks like you may be on a different time zone to the majority of us!

When you popped your bump what came out? Fluid? What colour was it? Blood? Did it look fresh?

Does the bump go completely away after you have popped it?
    That is okay lol I'll just post stuff at night now haha. When I popped it clear fluid came out at first but then bright red blood started coming out. No it doesnt go away completely after I pop it it just deflates it for a little while. I just got done soaking it and its like the bump soaks up the water as well..making it appear a little bigger until it dries out. Is this normal for hypertrophic scars? Or do you think I have something else?

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

I got a bump on my nose at the moment and it appeared after 9 months of having the piercing, it's really irritating. I don't know what yours could be, can you perhaps post a photo of it? Then I can compare it to mine. I am doing chamomile soaks as well, twice a day or maybe 3 times if I can but if the bump doesn't go down (mine is red btw) I will go to my piercer to change the ring or maybe even retire it and have it repierced sometime later
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I got a bump on my nose at the moment and it appeared after 9 months of having the piercing, it's really irritating. I don't know what yours could be, can you perhaps post a photo of it? Then I can compare it to mine. I am doing chamomile soaks as well, twice a day or maybe 3 times if I can but if the bump doesn't go down (mine is red btw) I will go to my piercer to change the ring or maybe even retire it and have it repierced sometime later
    Wow 9 months after having the piercing? I would be so mad lol. Darn nostril piercings being so fragile.. I did provide a picture in my first post you just gotta add the http to the beginning. I recently registered so I don't have enough posts to attach a pic.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

for the lazies
    current: 19mm lobes (l&r), 6mm conch [conch punch diary] (right ear), septum, "double snakebites", tongue, tragus (right ear), helix (left ear).

want: 6mm conch (left ear), 25mm lobes, industrial, nipples, more on my ears, magnetic implants.
    would ideally love (but may not be able to get): ear pointing, tongue split.

retired: philtrum, "angel bites", industrial, trying to close up gunned second lobes, Nape :(

I'm Jo

facebook

Thank you ! That will surely make it easier on everyone

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus