Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

@Marianne, yay! Yours looks a lot like mine now. I finally had my quartz glass retainer changed yesterday to a titanium mini barbell (I guess thats what its called? I'm not sure what to call this jewelry I shall look it up to give the actual name. It's basically a snap together type that goes in from the inside out..I hope that makes sense. She had to use a taper to get it in but it really didn't hurt.) It seems to be doing much better too, the bump drained itself yesterday by itself and so its pretty much deflated right now. I'm really hoping it doesn't inflate itself up again with fluid :(.

@Obzi, WOW! That looks SOOOO much better. A really dramatic improvement. I'm happy for you! Lets hope that it keeps on healing and getting better

Here are some pics

Last edited by Aquamarine89; 03-16-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added pics

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

@Aqua Really happy for you! So great that it finally deflated! I hope it keeps it up. Mine looks more like redness now rather than bumpy. Here's a recent photo of it : http://img708.imageshack.us/i/160320111458.jpg/ I hope this goes away soon too!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Mine went away with a change of jewellry (from a 0.5 steel stud to a 1mm titanium) and while the bump is almost completely gone, its still quite red sometimes. And the area around it gets really dry, which doesn't help the healing I think! Any suggestions for keeping it moisturised as it heals without clogging??
    Lobes 2x each, left nose, right tragus

Want: Tattoo of my avatar symbol between shoulder blades.

The area around my piercing would get really dry too. I put aloe vera gel around it and that seems to help so maybe you could give that a shot...just becareful and dont get it into the actual piercing. Sometimes I will use jojoba oil as well.

Update: Well, my bump seemed to be filling up with fluid again the other day but not nearly as bad as its been before. I was sooo tempted to just retire it actually (because I get really frustrated with this thing) but!!!...it deflated itself again and it's flatter than its ever been!!!!! *does a little dance* I'm guessing the new titanium jewelry is really helping it out a lot. I've started up with sea salt soaks again along with the compresses too. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this bump is gone for good! <3

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

ugh i HATE the bump i cannotttt get rid of mine=[ so frustrating.

It seems I can't get rid of mine either. It has filled itself up with fluid AGAIN. I'm very frustrated. So very frustrated that I stabbed it like I have before and drained it. It got a lot smaller after doing that (like usual) but i just cant seem to get it all drained because it keeps filling itself up :(. I even put a bit of tea tree oil to see if that'd help. I don't know what to do guys. I'm thinking that maybe (in 2 weeks) if I don't see further improvement I should downsize to 20 gauge (currently at 18.) In regards to that I have a question...

If I were to downsize to 20 gauge (hoping that'll kill the bump for good) would I be able to easily stretch back to 18 gauge? My nose piercing is now 4 months old btw.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

AquA: I'm so sorry about your bump. Have you tried going to the doctor for some advice? Maybe someone who is not against piercings and won't instantly tell you "take it off"? There are many like that. Maybe he can give you something more....I don't know, drastic? I've not done anything to my bump for the last half month or so, I am LITHAing it. It has worked for me, I only clean it every night in the shower, that's it. And by cleaning, I mean leaving the water run on it for about 30 seconds and then wiping it gently with paper. Nothing else. It looks like this now: http://img84.imageshack.us/i/260320111634.jpg/ More of a redness rather than a bump. Maybe it will work for you? I don't know, I am just giving ideas here!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Well I do have a doctor's appointment next month so I'll ask about it then. Maybe what I need is a round of antibiotics. I have no idea lol. Hopefully my doctor is not against piercings. I'm glad yours is still doing good

I'm even wondering if I should do an aspirin paste (not now tho ...like in a week or so.) Hmmmmmm.. I'm tempted to go back to my piercer tomorrow and see what else she'd advise about this...but the thing is it's only been a week since she changed it to the titanium stud and maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for the results D: *impatient* I don't wanna be one of those annoying customers that keeps on coming back all the time for problems heh.

I'm gonna give this piercing a good year...lol. If this bump doesn't go away within a year I guess I'll have to retire it...and perhaps pierce again later on.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

I really hope it works for you Aqua and stops being a PITA. Maybe it indeed needs antibiotics, you never know how the human body reacts to things and what it needs. I would definitely give it some more time though. Also, I wouldn't try the aspirin paste......but that's just me. If you want to, go right ahead of course but personally, I wouldn't risk making it worse and irritating it.

Tumblr

Facebook

I'm not sure if my piercing is actually infected even though it is not red, hot to the touch, or swollen...however, there is a lot of pus that comes out of the bump whenever I push my stud out (ew.) It's like any type of movement of my stud ruptures it. I'm definitely going to try to get my doctor to prescribe me antibiotics on tuesday. Hopefully he will and wont tell me to take it out. I'm also so very tempted to get a bigger stud this weekend to hide the bump so I wont obsess over it (like a flower or something.) This bump is so weird because sometimes I can get it to look completely flat which makes it appear healed and normal looking...but then somehow it always fills back up with pus. I don't understand :( hmph. Within 12-24 hours it it fills up..which is pretty quick. Hmm.. I'll include some pics in a jiffy.

March 30

March 29

March 26

This is the cycle that it constantly goes through D:

Anyway, I have a question about my tragus piercing, When I do go on antibiotics is it going to affect the healing of this pirecing? It's a little over a month old now. It's healing wonderfully with no problems right now.
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 04-01-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus