Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Hey, sorry if im thread hijacking here, but i got pretty desperate and decided to find a forum tonight and ask about 'the dreaded bump'. I actually searched 'helix' first and this came up lucky enough...

Anyway, i have a master bump..

i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/jay_bucketfist/IMG_0405edit.jpg
    i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/jay_bucketfist/IMG_0393edit.jpg

I havn't a clue what to do about it? Not even sure what type of bump it is, blood, puss, infection? I got it done just over 3 weeks ago and its not painful, just when i sleep on it, to the extent that i don't sleep on it at all, at least not consciously.

Im sorta freakin out so any help is welcome, and thanks

I'm sorry but I have no idea what kind of bump you may have. However, don't panic! because piercing bumps on the cartilage are quite common. Have you been doing sea salt soaks? That may help with the bump. Chamomile soaks could also help with the redness too. What kind of material is the jewelry?

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

I'm not sure what kind of metal it is, I remember him mentioning he used it to reduce the chances of irritation and that irritation is less likely with this metal. A friend of mine mentioned that it's likely scar tissue, but it didn't appear for a week or so after, even a few days after swelling went down completely. I've been using surgical sanitation water (my mum is a nurse) to clean it, it's basically just the same as saline solution as far as I'm aware which piercing studio's in the UK always recommend.

I was my huge ones to go away :(
    Current: lobes x2 + forward-helix (r), lobes + anti-tragus + cartilege x1 (l), nose x2, nipple x1
    Retired: anti-tragus, septum x3, frowny, nose, cartilege x2, lobes x2
    Struggling:
    nipple

UPDATE: Well, after almost 4 weeks, my bump is close to disappearing. It took a LOT of patience and a lot of effort not to bother it at all. The last few weeks, I was only cleaning it with warm distilled water, nothing else, once a day. Other than that, I left it TOTALLY ALONE. It now looks like this: http://img593.imageshack.us/i/050320111316.jpg/ Just a tiny tiny little reminder of something being there. I am still continuing my soaks but once in 2 days now - although I am washing my face a lot of times a day, as I have VERY oily skin and it's gathering dust and stuff on the piercing, I don't like that, even if it's healed, I am still caring a lot for it. So guys, be patient and honestly, don't pay too much attention to it - it WILL go away. And even if it comes back, it's just a bump, not the end of the world. I know it's annoying but it will go away!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Heya,
    I'm new on here but I had the dreaded nose bump too about 2 months after getting it pierced. I didn't read through all 8 pages of this thread lol, but just in case no one else has said it mine healed really really quickly when I applied a paste of crushed aspirin with a little water to it for about an hour every day (and before i went to bed). My piercer suggested this, she said the bumps are like keloid scarring or polyps, and are fairly common. I tried all the sea salt, tea tree, cammomile etc methods, but nothing worked like the aspirin. It actually even worked to reduce another scar i have on my arm from an injection! I'm sure the sea salt methods work in time, but when you have this horrible like bump on your nose (that probably no one but you even notices lol) it can be so depressing that you just want rid of it!
    Hope this helps, let me know if anyone else has success with this method!
    V xx

Never tried it, I would be scared to put anything else than SSS or chamomile on it to be honest. But each person's body benefits from different things and this worked for you and it's great, that's what matters. I did SSS for a while but that didn't help me so I switched to chamomile compresses and then only distilled, warm water, that was it. It was gone, but it took me about a month to go, with daily babying. Was a pain to get rid of.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Update: I am still dealing with this pesky little bump. It goes away (not completely but it gets very flat) but it always comes back filling up with whitish fluid all within a 24 hour time period. However, it doesn't get nearly as big as it used to before so I guess that good news? I have no idea how long this is going to keep happening :(. I'm still wanting to change to a titanium screw but then again I don't want to make it worse. It's just so frustrating because I have been dealing with this bump for a little over 3 months now. I've been doing hot compresses with distilled water still. Sometimes I'll do a SSS but not very often.

Here's how it was at its worst in January and how it was on the 9th of March (click to make larger)

I won't give up on this bump, because I really love this piercing so much. Currently the bump has filled up again (its very small though but still aggravating).

@vixy774 If my bump doesn't improve in the next 3 months maybe I'll give that a shot but I'm not sure lol

@ Marianne, your nose looks fantastic! How is it doing now?

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

UPDATE: I stopped everything for the last week and now, it's not exactly a bump, more of a little swelling and redness. I don't know exactly what it is but I think it needs to be babied a bit more so I am starting the compresses again tomorrow. Just distilled hot water, chamomile didn't work well for me. I hope everything goes away soon! Updated photo now: http://img856.imageshack.us/i/120320111408.jpg/

Tumblr

Facebook

Heres an update on my bump:

i56.tinypic.com/waq5qb.jpg

As you can see by the picture, the bump has almost gone. I went back to the piercers and he told me that the chamomile might have aggravated my bump even more and said that I should just stick to SSS. I stopped the chamomile and went back to SSS, probably about once a day/once every two days (not as much as I should do).

What I found with my bump is that a layer of skin on top would get hard and flake off (maybe with a little force when I'm cleaning it, but not too much) and i've just found that it keeps hardening up and coming lose and reducing in size. I'm still cleaning it with SSS the odd time when I feel I need to but I think it should go all together in a few weeks hopefully