Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Thanks! Yup, there is light hehe. For me, I found out the secret was leaving it alone, do NOT mess with it and overdoing the compresses and soaks didn't work for me, once a day was enough. And the main thing: LOTS and LOTS and loooooots of patience. Don't pay too much attention to it and don't obsess over it, don't make it a huge deal cause it's not - it's a bump, it'll go away.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

UPDATE: This is what it looks like today: http://img101.imageshack.us/i/240220111171.jpg/

I'm keeping up my hot distilled water compresses until all the darkness and redness has gone away. There is no bump anymore, just sort of the "leftovers" of it.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Wow Marianne you've definitely given me hope!

As for mine, it has definitely going down again (yay it didn't get humongo again like it usually would) however, like i said in a previous post, the bump seems to be moving downward. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing lol. But im happy so far ..and in other news...I'm getting my left tragus pierced on sunday <3 soo excited ! (so excited I even had a dream last night about getting it done, i am so very weird.)

Here's an updated pic of my bump
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-24-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added pic

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

@Aqua Wow that looks really good and down! That is great great progress, I'm really happy for ya and your bump hehe. No to sound like a smartass here, just saying it cause I'm concerned: You sure it's a good idea to have another fresh piercing with your nostril still being like this? Totally your decision and don't get me wrong, but I'd wait till all the nostril crap are cleared up and then have the piercing - I'm having a vertical labret done and I am waiting for my nostril to heal up totally before doing it and I am DYING to do it hehe. Dunno, just something to think about. Again, don't get me wrong, just saying it out of concern.

Tumblr

Facebook

Oh no you do not sound like a smart ass lol. I have thought about that which is why I just didn't go and get it done earlier. I feel that since my nostril piercing will be 3 months old (this upcoming saturday) it should be alright and it's doing way better than it was last month

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Check out this beast of a lump

i54.tinypic.com/1zyizdj

I've tried everything, SSS, chamomile, tea tree - having no luck with anything :(

Can anyone help?

@Obzi Hmm this does not look good. It actually looks infected. Does it hurt? Do you have a burning sensation? If yes, it's infected. It could also be a reaction to the jewelry material. Honestly, if I were you, I'd change this into a titanium nose screw like this http://www.purelypiercings.co.nz/ima...450_300_95.jpg, showing image just for the shape. It's comfortable, steady -as in doesn't move around- and won't irritate your piercing. If I were you: I'd go to your piercer and have the jewelry changed, have them take a look at it as well. I would give it a few weeks and see if there is any change for the better, while doing chamomile compresses and SSS, whatever works best for you. If there is no visible change within a few weeks, I'd go to the doctor. IF things come to this, just retire it and have it repierced once it's healed, nostril is one of the easiest and relatively painless piercings. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Tumblr

Facebook

No pain whatsoever or no burning sensation, however there has been some yellow/greenish goo around the entrance every now and then

This was taken a few days ago, I'll post a more recent one. It doesn't look AS bad
    i54.tinypic.com/20ixqhw.jpg

about changing to a nose screw, I thought about buying this to take to the piercers and get them to put it in
    bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/flesh_tone_bioflex_nose_stud_14077781.cfm

Does the bump look any better between pics?

Hm it looks pretty much the same to me, sorry. :( Based on what you said, I am pretty sure that it's irritation first because of the BCR and then cause of the material of it. I would definitely change it asap, perhaps to something like this : https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...nk_4365410.cfm (material and shape example only) and leave it like that for a few weeks. Keep on with the SSS or chamomile soaks and see if you see any change in the next few weeks. If not, I'd either go to a doctor or do a last SSS/chamomile soak, clean it really well and retire it. But this is the last resort. Keep us posted!

Tumblr

Facebook

@Obzi, I would definitely go to your piercer and have it checked out like Marianne already said it doesn't look good at all. Hopefully it's not infected and gets better! When did you have it done? and how long has this bump been around for?

Update on my bump: Today my nose piercing is officially 3 months old *claps*. It's doing soo much better too. The bump is still gradually going down which is making me so happy . The hot compresses are really doing the trick <3. Hopefully it continues to improve so eventually (like 6 months down the road lol) I can get the flower gem nose stud I've always wanted (has an obsession for anything related to flowers.)
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-26-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot to update mah bump

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus