Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

actually mine is my third time too

the second one was pierced properly with a needle but when it was 6 months old I went on holiday, wasn't well for a few days, and it swelled up so badly that it covered the gem which was in there.. gross... and as I had no other jewellery with me I had no choice but to take it out....

This one is here to stay for me too.. touches wood...
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783178572

@Pingu I really hope it stays like that, bumps are really annoying more than anything else.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

UPDATE: Definite improvement with switching to one tea compress a day! Bloody spot is fading out a lot and the size of the bump gets significantly smaller. Yay! Hope it continues, fingers crossed, don't wanna jinx it hehe. Photo (might need rotating) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...220111034.jpg/
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Mine seems happy to stay inflated :/

UPDATE: Definite improvement. Hope it continues, no jinxing it though. If it stays like this, it will be gone in a week or so. Photo: http://img821.imageshack.us/i/190220111110.jpg/

Tumblr

Facebook

Update: And the cycle begins again.

Hey everyone I've finally had time to post an update of my bump and unfortunately, it seems to have inflated again within a day . It was doing so well tooo! but ah...this is not something I haven't dealt with before. It just makes me so madd . I really have no idea why it keeps doing this, it appears to be filled with a white liquid (ew.) Hmm...I've included a photo but the camera on my phone doesn't seem to pick up the color very well. I really have no idea what I should do because I already know it's going to get bigger from this point on...and then i'll have the urge to pop it which will make it better for a couple of weeks. Hmm...Should i restrain myself from doing this even if it becomes massive? I still really want to change my glass retainer to a titanium stud hoping that might make a difference. Is it possible for someone to have a reaction to glass?

The piercer I saw at the piercing shop (about 3 weeks ago i think?) said it should improve within 3 weeks and if it didn't I should go back to see what they can do. Next time I go I'll make sure to go when my piercer is there...it's pretty far lol so it's not like i can go all the time this stupid bump flares up. I want my tragus pierced next month for my birthday so I guess I'll go next month to have my bump looked at (and new piercing yay!)

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

And also here is a timeline inspired by Sherlock84 . woo its awesome now that I can post links to my pics!

As you can see in the week of Feb. 9 it was really doing well, I almost thought it was really gonna go away for good...but alas..last night I saw it seemed a tad bigger and i just knew the cycle was beginning again! *punches nose*...okay not really. but still.

@Marianne, Oh my goodness I am officially jealous lol. Your bump is looking so much better!!
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-19-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: adding more info

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

@Aquamarine89 Aww it looked so good on Feb 9th on your photo. What exactly are you doing to it to baby it, like what it your daily routine? I can tell you what I did exactly and hopefully, it may work for you as well. Let me know if you want! Here's an updated photo of it by the way, taken today: http://img827.imageshack.us/i/200220111116.jpg/

Tumblr

Facebook

I haven't really done much to baby it except leave it the heck alone lol. I kinda stopped soaking it too (soaking it in chamomile distilled water) I only do it when I feel the need to. It's really weird though, because the last time I did a chamomile soak was the night before the bump seemed to inflate again..I wonder if thats just a coincidence. I also occasionally apply that gel stuff I was given from the piercing shop last time...and that does seem to help a lot with drying it out..but I don't put it on often, again I put it on when I feel the need to do so.

Yes if you could tell me your routine in detail that would be great

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

@Aquamarine89 Well, I started off doing chamomile compresses about 2 weeks ago, first thing when I woke up and then just before bed. That didn't seem to work, as it got very unstable and started getting bigger and bleeding occasionally too, then smaller, then bigger again - very frustrating. In those 2 weeks, I messed with it once which made things worse. Bad of me, I know. Anyway, about a week ago, I stopped the chamomile compresses and just started boiling tap water, getting the special cotton I bought from the drugstore - it doesn't leave threads behind -, soaking it in the boiled water (after it cooled down of course) and just leaving it on the piercing till it went cold. Then repeat for about 15-20 mins. I could see the lymph on the cotton ball. I then dried it very gently and left it be. I did this once a day, whenever I felt like it was needed. Plus, it got soaked in the shower as well and cleaned. I generally left it alone a lot, didn't mess with it at all and always kept it dry after the compresses.

You really need a LOT of patience and babying and honestly? Not pay too much attention on it and obsess. I did it so I know how it is. It WILL most likely go away within 3-4 weeks. I really hope it goes well for you, please keep this updated!

Tumblr

Facebook