Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

UPDATE : The bloody bit keeps getting smaller, which is great I think. It keeps getting better or at least I hope I am seeing it right and it is. I've dealt with a lot of crap from my piercings but never a nose bump, it's ridiculous......anyways, now it looks like this: http://img513.imageshack.us/i/15022011978.jpg/ Hoping it'll piss off soon.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Hey, after having the same experience as you twice in a row (both nostrils) I decided to go to my piercer and they said that it wouldn't heal but would become scar tissue so he got a sharp scapel and cut the 'bump' away. After that I wore I bioplast nose stud with a large flat top (which totally covered the wound) and didn't take it out for ages and then it healed! I did find that before I went to get the bump removed was that touching it as little as possible really helped, which is pretty hard if you need to wear a retainer for a job. Maybe see you piercer and see if they would be able to do this for you? Unfortunately after taking this piercing out for good I have been left with a more noticeable scar than the one which I just gave up on....... Hope this helps?

Oh it's looking great!!

Definitely looking so much better! I'm having some success with mine aswell. Woop!
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

UPDATE: Well, same old same old. Not so much change, I know I should be patient and I will be but this is SO annoying honestly. It's been 2 weeks of this I really hope it starts getting better sometime soon. Anyways, this is what it looks like now: http://img823.imageshack.us/i/160220111000.jpg/
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

UPDATE: It looks a lot better this morning after my compresses. I decided to only do the compresses once a day, as when I was doing them twice, it wasn't responding so well. I am leaving it alone as much as possible, only lightly touching when wiping it dry after the compresses. We'll see how it goes with only once a day, I have a feeling it's going to be better from the looks of it. Photo: http://img830.imageshack.us/i/170220111002.jpg/

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    UPDATE: It looks a lot better this morning after my compresses. I decided to only do the compresses once a day, as when I was doing them twice, it wasn't responding so well. I am leaving it alone as much as possible, only lightly touching when wiping it dry after the compresses. We'll see how it goes with only once a day, I have a feeling it's going to be better from the looks of it. Photo: http://img830.imageshack.us/i/170220111002.jpg/
    that looks much better...
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783178572

@Pingu Yeah it sure does, the bloody bit is receeding which is great. I think twice a day may have been a little too much for me so I'm cutting it down to once. I'm hoping my patience will pay off in the long run and it will go away. It's been 2 weeks and some days, I'll definitely give it more than a month before I give up on it or whatever. Good thing is, you have to look really closely to notice it, it doesn't look bad anymore and with the bloody bit getting smaller, it's even better. I don't remember if you have one too, do you? And if yes, how is it going?

Tumblr

Facebook

I have had my share of nose bumps but I am pretty well free of them now... having said that I think even with nose piercings until they are fully fully healed they can still flare up at any time?

I hated my first piercing which had a really gross bump on it, I was totally impatient and took it out, but as it was pierced with a gun I am not sure it was very happy to start with and would have really ever settled down?
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783178572

@Pingu This is the 3rd time I am getting my right nostril pierced. First time like you, with a gun, in a dodge place in their basement. I took no care of it and the girl who did it put a HUGE ring in it which wasn't even silver so after 3 times in the shower, it started corroding. Bad experience. Second time, it was done with a needle with a girl again who was a newbie at piercing and I was her 4th piercing, her first nostril so I was her guinea pig heh. It got infected - again, had to take it out. This is third time, was done in a professional studio by my piercer who I've known for years now - he did my tongue and all my recent piercings. But it still got a bump on it. Nothing I can do about it than wait and baby it a lot, which I am doing. Fingers crossed!

Tumblr

Facebook