Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    hi babe, Sorry to hear you have such a hard time with your nosey. I had the exact problem, have you tried leaving it alone completely, you mention sss still after 3 months, maybe the soaks are the thing that is irritating it. I find plain boiled water just as good for soaking, all crusties lymph come away. Also, have a word with your doctor and get some antibiotic cream, The one I use is Fusidine, it heals really well. Apply some to the bump with a cottonwool bud before bed, and if you can put a small dressing on it, a breathable one, made of lint, not plastic like a plaster as it will sweat. I found this method has worked a dream in two of my cartilege bumps ( helix and conch). the salt may be unbalancing the pH of your skin, then again it may not, but its worth a shot. just wash as you would normally, and remove crusties with a wet cottonbud ( dipped in cooled boiled water) and dry it with a dry one afterwards, and try not to fiddle with it. hope that helps xx
    and as for what your piercer gave you was it called, Bacitrine, or something like that. it can help, but fusidine is much better
    I did try doing the LITHA method but my bump seemed to just keep getting bigger. My poor piercing only looked good for the first 2 weeks. I am so mad that I decided to have it changed because I didn't even get the job I changed it for! Some luck huh lol. If what I'm doing now doesn't seem to have any long term improvement I'll try soaking in plain boiling water. My piercing isn't 3 months old yet it will be in about 3 weeks which is when I'm planning on going back to my piercer . And yeah I don't know what the stuff he gave me is called I'll be sure to ask when i go back.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

Ah, that makes sense then, i've tried to do that with some of the bumps my piercings have gotten, generally it works, so good luck
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I hope yours gets better! I've got a huge... like, blister I guess! It's so ugly! It started just as a little bump, deflated, and then suddenly got really angry!! It looks like it's going to explode T_T

That's how mine started..as a little bump a couple days after I had it changed to a retainer *slaps self*. And I was hoping and just a hopin' I wouldn't develop that dreaded bump but wham! lol. Patience is the key m'dear! Don't give up! Because I'm not! I love my nose piercing too mucho! I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us that the lil bugger heals . I'm determined this thread will be my thread of success so others can have hope . I'll post an updated pic of my bump maybe later today or tomorrow!

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Mine is looking great! It's still scabby but much smaller and no longer red. I accidentally snagged it on my blanket last night, but not TOO badly. I have restrained myself to only touching it with a wet q-tip for cleaning. I hope yours is doing well!!

@ Sherlock84 Oh no! At least its still doing great woo!

Update: My bump has gone down a lot which is great news I have included an updated pic! Just don't forget to put the http in the front

I must confess however, I haven't been soaking everyday. I haven't really had time so it's just been every other day.
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-19-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: turned incomplete link into a thumbnail of photo

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Is the clear thing your retainer? *squints* I don't see any bump, I'd just assume the redness was the inside of your piercing XD It looks awesome!!

Yes that's my ugly retainer lol *seriously hates it because it looks like a huge blackhead* and the bump is there its just hard to see cus its not really red anymore. I'll take a pic of it at a different angle if my fone cooperates!

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Heh yeah, that's what I noticed with my last photo. I was like "wait, this looks better than it does in real life..." and then realised "d'oh, I needed to take a more front-on photo.

Bump is going a lot better lately. I hope it continues. I'll post a photo of it in a bit. Happy healing!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook