Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

No problemo :3 i hope you sort out your bump soon
    I've heard that hot (as you can stand) water and pressure can work to get rid of bumps if the chamomile/sss isn't working for you!
    current: 19mm lobes (l&r), 6mm conch [conch punch diary] (right ear), septum, "double snakebites", tongue, tragus (right ear), helix (left ear).

want: 6mm conch (left ear), 25mm lobes, industrial, nipples, more on my ears, magnetic implants.
    would ideally love (but may not be able to get): ear pointing, tongue split.

retired: philtrum, "angel bites", industrial, trying to close up gunned second lobes, Nape :(

I'm Jo

facebook

Yes I just saw the photos hm my bump is red and smaller and only on one side of the stud. Yes 9 months after it's been pierced lol...and imagine I have a tongue piercing healing perfectly, cartilage ones and none have caused me ANY issues whatsoever and it's the nostril one acting up, amazing huh? Ah well, I hope both our bumps calm down, I would suggest you continue the chamomile compresses, they help a lot with mine, calming it down and it's been getting smaller ever since I started them. I hope they both heal fine and end up happy piercings
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

@ Vomits That's actually what i've been doing...soaking in hot as I can stand water lol. I look like Rudolph afterward hah. And for applying pressure I do that with a q tip

@Marianne - Your bump sounds like the bump I developed on the left side of my nostril...that one appeared because it was slapped by someone lol. I was so mad! I got impatient with that one and took out the piercing. The bump went down within the week I took it out O_O and the bump I have now on my right nostril is different from the last one I had. Thank you I hope our bumps calm down! It's just not fair haha. I really want to sort my nose piercing out so I can focus on getting my tragus pierced

Anywho!
    Here's an updated pic of how the bump looks a couple days after being popped.

Doesn't it just look so much better after being popped? That is why it is so hard to restrain myself from popping.

One more pic

I'm hoping this will be the thread of success lol so I can give hope to others with this problem!
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 02-19-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Turning incomplete links into thumbnails of photos instead

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

It could be a seroma. Hypertrophic scars don't tend to pop and if you try all they do is bleed a bit pathetically

Seroma's are a build up of stuff your piercing has been using to heal i.e. dead white blood cells and used up platelets. They can be a sign that a wound isn't healing properly (not surprising since its got a bit of metal stuck in it hey and while they're not a sign of infection the stuff inside them can sit around for a while stewing so you should treat them carefully. Popping them is good but you also need to sea salt soak immediately afterwards to draw everything out and then apply a topical antiseptic like savlon wound wash to make sure you get rid of anything lingering around that may cause problems !
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Thank you for your advice and that's actually what I do after I pop it...I soak it yet again in hot sea salt water. I'm not sure if i've ever seen savlon before but I'll try looking tomorrow if i go shopping .

Update: I went to my piercing shop today but my piercer wasn't in, so I had someone else take a look at it. He didn't want to change it to a titanium screw because he felt it might cause further irritation. He told me to add a lil more salt to my sea salt soaks and gave me something to apply on the bump every night. I forgot what he said it was called but i'll find out when I go back in 3 weeks. He said it should improve because by the end of the 3 weeks that will be 3 months since I got the piercing and it should be less angry. *Sigh* lol. I was kinda hoping I'd be able to change it as I do not like my quartz glass retainer but oh well. Wish me luck peeps. I'll keep everyone updated.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Remember that too much salt will do as much harm as too little-there's a thread somewhere here that says why it ought be only 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to a glass of water(250ml?).The glass retainer should be as good as titanium, as both are beneficial, just think that when it's healed you can change it to a titanium one .Hmm, wondering what it is that he gave you to put on it?
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

http://www.bodypoetry.co.uk/salt.aspx -this explains how sea salt soaks work so you may find it useful to understand why more salt wont help. There is also a thread at the top of this category which explains it in a bit more detail too

Didn't realise you were USA based! Savlon may be an english thing - its a spray on antiseptic is all
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

hi babe, Sorry to hear you have such a hard time with your nosey. I had the exact problem, have you tried leaving it alone completely, you mention sss still after 3 months, maybe the soaks are the thing that is irritating it. I find plain boiled water just as good for soaking, all crusties lymph come away. Also, have a word with your doctor and get some antibiotic cream, The one I use is Fusidine, it heals really well. Apply some to the bump with a cottonwool bud before bed, and if you can put a small dressing on it, a breathable one, made of lint, not plastic like a plaster as it will sweat. I found this method has worked a dream in two of my cartilege bumps ( helix and conch). the salt may be unbalancing the pH of your skin, then again it may not, but its worth a shot. just wash as you would normally, and remove crusties with a wet cottonbud ( dipped in cooled boiled water) and dry it with a dry one afterwards, and try not to fiddle with it. hope that helps xx
    and as for what your piercer gave you was it called, Bacitrine, or something like that. it can help, but fusidine is much better
    Last edited by Magpie; 02-03-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Hi I'm Jayne
    L and R lobes x2, L&R low auricles, L&R conches,L&R tragus, L nostril, central tongue, standard navel

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Remember that too much salt will do as much harm as too little-there's a thread somewhere here that says why it ought be only 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to a glass of water(250ml?).The glass retainer should be as good as titanium, as both are beneficial, just think that when it's healed you can change it to a titanium one .Hmm, wondering what it is that he gave you to put on it?
    The stuff he gave me smells like the stuff that was used to clean/prep my nose when it first got pierced. What he really wants to do is just try to dry out the bump. I'm even seeing some improvement . The piercing place I go to is a reputable place just wanted to point that out lol. They're members of the APP

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    -this explains how sea salt soaks work so you may find it useful to understand why more salt wont help. There is also a thread at the top of this category which explains it in a bit more detail too

Didn't realise you were USA based! Savlon may be an english thing - its a spray on antiseptic is all
    Thanks for the link that was a very interesting read . Lol ahh okay yeah that might be why I've never seen Savlon.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus