Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Aqua, so sorry to hear about your accident, thank goodness you & you boyfriend were ok! I sure hope you both are feeling better! Your nose looks great considering the airbag hitting your face. I still have my bump but it's dried up a lot and I can't help but want to pick it off! Yuck! I'm so glad this nose ring is doing much better than the one I retired on the other nostril, it was a nightmare and not knowing what I know now the piercer was a whack a do. So glad I have a reputable one to go to now. I've been using Cetaphil to clean my face and that seems to help out with the drying, I had to stop the SSS soaks it was drying my nose out so bad. No picture tonight my batteries are dead.

hdee, it is so hard not to knock your pretty when drying your face with a towel I try so hard to just blot my face dry after a shower. I hope your bump is doing better and you can get a smaller stud put in soon.
    Last edited by blynk; 07-08-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typos

Current
    Tragus - left
    Nostril - left
    Lobes - left & right (x2)
    Cartilage - left

Retired
    Nostril - right
    Cartilage - left & right

Wanted
    Snug

Red face

Thanks guys

Yeah I pretty much stopped doing SSS (but obviously after the accident I made sure I SSS'd for a few days after.) I've used Cetaphil for cleaning my face for years . Its the only cleanser that's not too harsh for my sensitive skin. Hopefully your bump will shrink and stay gone for good! I'm just amazed at how hard it was to heal my nose. But since mine got better I'm sure yours will too just be extremely patient

So the moral of the story is... don't lose hope on your nose piercings guys! Be patient like me and it will most likely get better. My nose piercing looked horrible the majority of the time it was pierced (a good 7 months geeze!) and it's almost 8 months old now I told you all this would be the thread of success ...mission accomplished *knocks on wood*

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

Glad it's gone down for you and you were okay after the accident!

Cartilage in general can simply be a nightmare. My nose has been an angel whereas my daith has taken 10 months to stop being horrid to me and that can't really be bumped or knocked!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I feel like it took my nose a good couple of years to settle down properly. Don't lose hope!
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

How is everyone doing with their nostril bumps guys?

Mine has cleared up completely and just wanted to say, I started off by doing SSS, it did nothing for my bump - right dosage, rinsing afterwards, once a day. Nothing. Then I started with the chamomile compresses and that seemed to make it worse somehow. I left it alone and it sort of shrank but not quite gone. Then I read somewhere that tee trea oil will help. I now swear by it. I used it ONE WEEK, once a day, 3 drops on a cotton bud and very gently applied it on my bump. After one week, it was totally gone, TOTALLY gone. So, FOR ME, it worked and I would recommend it!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

My bumps was getting smaller already but today TUH DUH!....Big red bump on my nose -_- The piercer always recommends me chamomile,but it has never really worked for me :/

I was told about tea tree oil as well before I started posting on this site. But I found it didn't help at all. I also tried crushed aspirin. All both of them did was to irritate it. After reading Spike's threead I began using the sss solution & combined with a jewellery change the bump started to disappear. It seems that my piercing prefers to have a L stud that sits on top rather then one that sits in the piercing. That was probably my problem. Mostly I wear the jewellery shape it likes & then occasionally I will wear a cone shaped stud for a few days & then switch back. And its much happier!

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    How is everyone doing with their nostril bumps guys?

Mine has cleared up completely and just wanted to say, I started off by doing SSS, it did nothing for my bump - right dosage, rinsing afterwards, once a day. Nothing. Then I started with the chamomile compresses and that seemed to make it worse somehow. I left it alone and it sort of shrank but not quite gone. Then I read somewhere that tee trea oil will help. I now swear by it. I used it ONE WEEK, once a day, 3 drops on a cotton bud and very gently applied it on my bump. After one week, it was totally gone, TOTALLY gone. So, FOR ME, it worked and I would recommend it!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    I was told about tea tree oil as well before I started posting on this site. But I found it didn't help at all. I also tried crushed aspirin. All both of them did was to irritate it. After reading Spike's threead I began using the sss solution & combined with a jewellery change the bump started to disappear. It seems that my piercing prefers to have a L stud that sits on top rather then one that sits in the piercing. That was probably my problem. Mostly I wear the jewellery shape it likes & then occasionally I will wear a cone shaped stud for a few days & then switch back. And its much happier!
    So glad your bump is gone I have a nose screw since I first had it done and I love it. It seems different things work on different people really, tea tree oil worked miracles on me, literally and I have heard it worked for other people as well. SSS didn't work on me, if anything, it made it more irritated and yes I did make it the right/recommended way. Chamomile tea DID soothe it a bit but it did not make it go away. I didn't try aspirin taste so I can't comment on that. Whatever works on people!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

True. You have to find what your skin likes! For me the tea tree is too harsh & that is diluted in water. I don't like nose screws. I couldn't get the knack of getting them in & out without damaging the tissue. So I flattened them & made them L shapes I could do this as the metal was white gold so not as hard as stainless steel. The L shape is just right
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8