Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Update: Oh noes indeed lol. Well the new bump is still there, it seems to get bigger when I skip a day of SSS so I really needa make sure I always have time for this until it goes away. I'm currently soaking it right now along with my tragus. I will try not to worry about this because eventually it will go away, it just takes longer than usual for me. It's just so sad because I believe I would be bump free right now if i never snagged my stud on my towel. Grrr. Hope your bump is doing good blynk!

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

A friend of mine was having the same problem as you for the longest time. Eventually her bump went away(I want to say it took a few months) I guess it may vary for everyone for the healing times.

Great info in this thread, btw.

I read all 13 pages of this thread. I am in the same boat as you Aqua. I got my nose pierced Feb 18. and only had my piercing bump free for a few weeks before I got sick and developed a bump. I thought it would go away when I got over my cold and so I didn't treat it. Well, it didn't go away and my research online led me to understand that this is a very common problem. So, I began a treatment of tea tree oil that was not diluted (before this I was faithfully using H2Ocean). I started applying TTO twice and even up to 3x per day towards the end of March and early April. The bump became significantly smaller, but would not go away. Eventually, a week or so ago my skin on my nose got so irritated and painful that I stopped using the TTO to allow it to heal. But in the process of not treating the bump it got bigger, and now I seem to be right where I started!

I am so frustrated with this stupid thing! I don't want to take it out because it cost 60 bucks, and I'm the stereotypically poor college student. Recently, I got a call back from Starbucks and they possibly want to hire me, but if I work there I cannot have any facial piercings. So, now I'm at a crosswords: do I take out the piercing which will enable me to work at SB and finally cause the stupid bump to go away OR do I go and replace my surgical steel piercing with a titanium one and continue trying to get rid of this bump (and find another job).

I don't know what to do, but I am so, so frustrated (I know I said that like 5 times already).

I have decided to change up my treatments as of right now. I am no longer going to use the tea tree oil. I did my first chamomile compression tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to do a SSS and another CC. I know one person said to just let the darn thing be, but it's so hard not to do something when there is a risk of it getting bigger if left untreated.

Help! Can anyone help me? For the love of body piercings, help!

Maybe you can keep the piercing and still get the job at starbucks. When I had an interview I had my stainless steal screw changed to a quartz glass retainer the next day. It does a pretty good job of hiding it though it is not completely invisible. I believe I've heard glass can be comparable to titanium, as in it wont irritate your nose piercing but I'm not sure. I know how you feel though, I really was afraid to leave it completely alone because I felt that the bump would just get bigger. I would definitely change your stud to something other than stainless steal. That might be the key to getting rid of your bump.

Update on mine:
    Well, I've pretty much stopped doing SSS because I didnt have time and then I just started getting lazy with it. The newish bump on the top comes and goes but it never gets as big as the old one I had. I provide a photo in a bit.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Well mine is back never did really go completely away but it did happen to shrink abit. It's still there and even bigger, I haven't been doing anything with it because I've noticed since around my nose can get dry the SSS soaks are drying it out even more. Does anyone recommend a good facial lotion that I can try and just put around my nose to help with that drying? I currently use Eucerin. This bump is driving me crazy!

Photo taken tonight

i52.tinypic.com/10zwhn5.jpg
    Last edited by blynk; 05-26-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Current
    Tragus - left
    Nostril - left
    Lobes - left & right (x2)
    Cartilage - left

Retired
    Nostril - right
    Cartilage - left & right

Wanted
    Snug

I skimmed through this thread and I see that I'm not the only person with this annoying problem. I had gotten my nose pierced last year but I snagged it on my towel after 2 months of having it and developed a tiny bump. I freaked out, so I removed the piercing completely.
    I missed my piercing dearly, so before I left college to come home for the summer, I got my nose re-pierced. The only problem is that my stud it HUGE, so it gets snagged on everything. I've been waiting to change the nose ring because my pierced recommended I wait at least 2 months before removing this one, so I've been patiently waiting. In the meantime, I snag my piercing on something at least 3 times a week. And about 3 weeks ago I noticed a bump. I've been putting warm water compresses on it and this morning I really did it! I snagged my piercing on my head band and nearly ripped the whole thing out of my nose. My nose has been a tad sore from this bump and now its super sore. Now I not only have the bump, but right next to the bump there's like a small bloody bump. I'm freaking out pretty much.
    I'm trying not to over-obsess, but ITS SO HARD! hah

I'm going to continue with the warm compresses, and see where it goes from there. I'm hoping this doesn't become permanent or like a keloid because that is my worse fear.

I had a bump like this for aaaaaages, it took years for my nose to heal completely. Now it gives me no trouble whatsoever, easiest to hide, knock around, never closes over. But it took forever.

And the constant nagging from my mum about how horrible the bump looked, haha
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Holy Moly,

Sorry I haven't posted an update lately. A lot has happened since my last update, I was just recently in a car accident so was hit in my face with an airbag (even though I don't remember it hitting my face, I remember it hitting my hand more than anything.) Everyone involved was fine, injuries could have been so much worse considering. My bf is the one who got the worst of it, his whole body is pretty sore :(. Anyway, I still have my nose piercing even though it was pushed out of my nose halfway from the airbag. That impact made it bleed just a bit, but it's doing fine which is pretty shocking. I think what freaked out people the most about my nose is how the screw is bent, they thought the airbag had bent it. I thought I was gonna have to retire it, the hospital even wanted to remove it but I told them not to, and they didn't even know how to clean it. This whole experience was just horrible and unprofessional I'm just glad everyone involved was fine.

Here's a photo of my piercing the day after
    Last edited by Aquamarine89; 06-30-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Well my nose piercing finally looks healed, I changed it to the stud I originally got pierced with (though its a bit too long need to get it adjusted soon) and it didn't hurt at all, plus the bump is so much flatter. I'm quite surprised at how well its doing considering it was hit with an airbag. Anyways, here's a pic for you all to see the difference

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Oh brilliant! It looks great! I'm happy for you!
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook