Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

I have a daughter and I think 9 is way way too young for a piercing, especially a cartilage one. At 9, I think I would go with her to get her lobes pierced. But cartilage needs a lot of patience and care and I am not sure a 9 year old child has those yet - although having said that, there are children way mature for their age so you as a parent can judge. Personally, I would postpone cartilage piercings till she was at least 15 and even more if I saw she lacked the maturity for them. Up to you really!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

I'd say ideally around 13 for lobe piercings really because of growth etc but it certainly comes down to maturity as well. As for cartilage deffo over 13, remember it can take up to 18months or more for it to heal fully, it's a big commitment and enough adults on here have issues with them!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you both for your recommendations, I totally agree. I'm glad my 9 yr old changed her mind and just thought it looked cool ..she's never mentioned mine before guess mom isn't cool enough LOL. Maybe when shes 15 or older we'll think about it.

My nose is doing well today, just did my sss & resting my chamomile teabag on it right now. Oh it's so soothing!

Glad to hear your nose is doing well today blynk

Well I think I may have caused the bump to move upward...or ...it's a new bump now that I caused from accidentally ripping out my stud halfway the other day lol dang nabit. I'll just call it the new bump since the other bump I've been dealing with has gotten really flat now so yay! ...so I'm guessing this new bump will do much better 4-5 months from now haha.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

@blynk So nice that chamomile works for you, it made it worse for me. Keep it up!

@Aqua New bump? Are you sure? Can you post a photo?
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

I'm not entirely sure it's a new bump, It may be the same one that moved upward. I tried taking a photo but it's still very tiny so it's not very noticeable just yet..I can see a bit of fluid filled inside of it however. I'll try to get a better pic later, as the one I took earlier is too blurry to really see anything. Do you think this kind of bump that I have is due to the fact that I have oily skin? That was what my piercer was thinking. My piercing is looking good though however, because I received a complement on it today at my college so i'm not really worried about this as of yet...unless it gets disgustingly huge and starts to dramatically lift up my stud.. ewie

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Maybe it's just a regular zit? I don't think it's cause of the oily skin, as my skin is super oily (so oily that I am taking medicine for it) and I never had issues with bumps except this one on my nose. So I don't think it's that but then again, I have Meditarrenean skin type and it's pretty difficult to irritate, whereas you have said you have very sensitive skin right? So I guess maybe that's why you get stuff on it so fast. I'm sure it will go away though, whatever it is!

Tumblr

Facebook

I don't think it's a regular zit because it looks like the old one I had before...but anyway it does look better today it's not getting any bigger. If you don't mind my asking, what medication are you taking for your oily skin? My skin is super super oily as well and I have to blot my face every couple of hours to remove the shine. It would be awesome to not have to deal with this lol. The only time my oily skin went away was when I was on the acne medication Accutane. So I have very oily skin and very sensitive skin, what a nice combo

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Oh nose! (lol) Not another bump Aqua, that stinks. Hoping it will go away for you soon. I have sensitive skin too and I have the normal oily & very dry combination skin.

My nose update, I still got the bump but it looks as if its shrinking looks kinda shriveled up anyways. I want to pick it off so bad, it's so tempting but I know to leave it alone. I did catch myself earlier twisting my nose ring and I'm like ack stop what are you doing. No new pic tonight, can't find my rechargeables for my camera swear I think my kids take off with them for their gadgets and then accidentally throw them away.

Marianne - yes the chamomile seems to be working, at least it feels soothing to me. Kind of cool & smells nice too lol.

Glad to hear it's maybe shrinking blynk and even better that the chamomile is working for you! I think I'm sensitive to ragweed, it did smell nice but it flared up my bump even more. Really good it's soothing for you! Hopefully, it will go away soon.

Tumblr

Facebook