Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded bump; Nostril Piercing

Cooties that entire dark area under the stud is raised tissue. That pic made it look better than it actually was I guess lol. And thank you but I don't like my nose - it only looks nice from the side hehe.

Thank you marianne, its healing from that trauma I caused thankfully, woo! The bump looks a lot better today just slightly raised. I might post pics later if I get the time

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus
    & one angry right nostril piercing

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus
    Left and Right Helix (again)

Today is one of those days where my bump has gotten a lot bigger yet again, which has left me feeling very sad..lol. So I must write about it since today will be one of my obsessive days. I went to see my piercer and she told me to stop worrying about this. She said it WILL go away with time, I just have EXTREMELY sensitive skin that overreacts to everything. She said I shouldn't be surprised if it gets bigger since I accidentally pushed it into the fistula...and well yes, it has gotten bigger again. I also had her order a titanium flower stud for my poor nosey...I think I would feel better if I had something covering the bump so I wont have to see it (which is what the flower will do.)

Since seeing my piercer, I've decided I want to wait a little longer before going on antibiotics (I have a follow up appointment in two weeks anyway.) She assured me it is not infected however, so that lead to me doubting the effectiveness of the antibiotics helping my problemo.

This is what I am dealing with today. *glares at bump*

That is all.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Aquamarine, how is your nose now? I have now gotten the dreaded nose bump and I'm so self concious about it I feel like it's huge and that is the only thing people see instead of my ring. I'm doing the sss soaks & chamomile compress right now just once a day ..I'm hoping it disappears soon. Hope yours is doing better.

It's been a while since I updated this because I felt like I kept repeating myself over and over. "The bump has deflated! The bump is back! It's gone! Back!" etc. lol. My nose bump has deflated itself again, so it looks pretty good at the moment. My titanium flower nose screw came in so I had that changed yesterday by my piercer. It's just gorgeous! I adore flowers. It's doing a good job at hiding the bump too...so now I wont obsess over it. I've been doing a lot of Chamomile soaks too (2x a day).

Just try to keep yourself busy blynk! I know it's so hard to not obsess over it...because I've done my fair share of that. It'll get better with time. Just look over Marianne's nose bump pics from this thread...she successfully got rid of it ! I'm still determined this thread is going to be the thread of success when dealing with nose bumps lol. I've got the most stubborn one I believe...but I will not give up! How old is your nose piercing? Mine is exactly 5 months old today...so I've been dealing with this bump thing for about...4 months and 2 weeks lol. But it does look like it's getting better...my skin is just insanely sensitive..anything can set it off *sigh* I'll keep updating it though, just not as often since it's taking forever. I hope yours gets better! Feel free to add the progress of your bump to this thread as well if you want to. That goes for everyone with a nose bump problemo!

This is how my piercing looks now since I switched to a flower

Last edited by Aquamarine89; 04-24-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

AquA, this looks super good, the flower AND you can barely see anything, in fact I don't see any bump! Maybe it's gone now for good? I really hope so! Blynk, like Aqua said, it takes a while but the bump DOES go away. People have been struggling with them for a long time, it took me 1 month and 4 weeks to get rid of mine and in the process, I was so self-conscious, like it was a HUUUUUUUUGE thing on my nose when actually, nobody even saw it or noticed it was there, it was all me and my weird perception of it. So trust me, it's NOT a big deal. Don't pick on it, leave it alone! I know it's tempting to but trust me, nothing good comes out of messing with it - many ppl here will agree with me. And my final "advice" if you will: Be PATIENT. It can be gone in a few days, it can be gone in a few weeks or months, be patient! Good luck.

Edit: I've said it in another thread as well but chamomile compresses or SSS don't work for some people, I am one of them. Chamomile actually aggravated my bump more and SSS didn't do anything, it kept on being the same and worse. I started doing only hot compresses with normal distilled water and leaving it totally alone and that's when I saw improvement. I don't know if you are one of those ppl or not, I am just putting it out there.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Wow aqua that is looking absolutely spectacular now! I love the flower ring, I'm gonna have to get me one of those. Thank you both so much for your help in this, I'm going to try and not dwell on it so much and know that hopefully in time it will go away. I had so many problems with my right nostril after I got it done, crappy piercer should have done my research first I guess it was a blessing in disguise that it fell out and closed in. I so do not want to lose this one it had been healing wonderfully until I knocked it out.

Update on it though, I was so dead tired last night after preparing my kids for Easter and I fell asleep on my stomach with my head bunched up in my pillow. Woke up with the most awful pain, I guess I was pushing my nose into my pillow in my sleep and yep the top of my stud went right into that nasty bump and it was covered in blood. Gross! I got up immediately cleaned it off as best I could and made a hot chamomile press and just laid it on my nose. Felt so much better when I got up in the morning. I gotta remember to never fall asleep on my stomach again. I usually do pretty good in that area and not lay on that side.

I will definitely give the distilled water a try if the other does not work out for me, thanks again for your great help and will have to participate in this thread throughout my progress.

Updated photo
    tinypic.com/r/2aiecrn/7
    Last edited by blynk; 04-25-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Thanks guys I'm so happy it's doing good right now. And Marianne there is still a little teeny tiny bump, but you cant tell at all cus the flower completely covers it. I think the flower is doing it good, because it's getting pretty flat.

However!!!!...lol. I forgot about being careful whenever I use a towel to dry my face (because I never had a problem with my other studs catching)...I kinda accidentally ripped it halfway out today ;_; and it did hurt...dang nabit lol. It's still doing good though *knocks on wood* so I guess my piercing is getting tougher as time goes by. I can't wait till it's a year old.

Ouchies blynk! I'm glad I trained myself to not smash my face in my pillow anymore when I sleep, heh. Your bump looks quite painful I hope it calms down soon. Darn buggers they are. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you dear!

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Ouch dang those towels, don't they know we have precious cargo in those nosies, lol. Oh btw you had asked before how old my piercing was, its only 7 weeks still a baby I got a long way to go in the healing process still. Actually I have had no pain in it cept when I woke up after digging it into the pillow, it's just so ugly to look at it. It's gonna get better though, I'm keeping the faith.

This is kinda off topic of noses, but what do you think is age appropriate for a cartlidge piercing? My 9 yr old daughter has a girl in her class that had it done with a gun and she is like oh that's so cool, plus I have a few cartlidge myself that I had done in high school with a gun (ouch, never again) ..but I'm thinking she is too young and no way she'll get it done with a gun. So I'm kinda wondering what age would be a suitable that way I can give her something to look forward to. Thanks for any input ..and sorry for making it off topic. If that is a no-no please just say so and I'll delete.

I know right, lol. Ahh okay yeah your piercing is still a baby

It's fine, I don't mind if the topic goes astray for a bit lol. I don't really have rules ! It's all good.

Hmmm, I don't have any children at the moment, but if I did I would say at least 13 for a cartilage piercing. Hmmmm...It really depends on how mature she is and how willing she'd be able to care for it. I remember when I got my cartilage gunned at walmart ( this was when I didn't know the risks with gunned piercings...and I had a friend who had hers done with a gun so I thought it was fine. Thank goodness for the internet!) ...gawd the pain was so bad...and it lasted months and developed the dreaded bump so I retired them (and the bumps went away except you can feel a lump on one ear but its not visible) oh oops I've blabbered way too much about that lol. Even when getting it done with a needle it will take quite a while for a cartilage piercing to heal. Make sure she has the patience for one! But other then that, I still say 13 would be a good age but that's just me.

Piercings:
    Happy Earlobes
    Happy Left Tragus

Retired:
    Left Nostril
    Left & Right Helix

Want:
    Right Tragus

Thanks Aqua, I'm also thinking 13 might be an appropriate age for that. Now she told me today oh mom I don't want one just yet just thought it was cool. Oh I know the gun was a nightmare, I've had 3 cartlidges done with a gun felt like they would never stop hurting. Then my hair would get all twisted around them and hurt again. I have them all retired but one. So thankful for technology now and we can research on what is right & what is wrong.

Nose update though, this morning when I got up and looked at it this thing was hanging it from it kind of like a dried bloody piece of skin so of course I just had to pick it off. It amazingly looks better after that, still going to do the sss soak once a day for awhile and hoping it goes away completely for good. Wanted to take a pic but my camera batteries died and my cellphone just takes awful pics.