Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I change my nose stud after a week?

Default Can I change my nose stud after a week?

This one keeps coming out. Im really nervous to do it but is it safe? Will it heal up within minutes?

In answer to the title, after a week, YOU shouldn't change it, get a professional piercer to change it over to a sterile piece of jewelery, as people have already told you.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

It's seriously dropping out like mad, atm nowhere in my town has a piercer as the one in town is on maternity leave

I wouldn't for these reasons.

a) I presume that you would not be putting in sterile jewellery, therefore you could introduce all kinds of bacteria into a fresh wound,

b) Yes, it might well be impossible for you to get the new jewellery in once you've taken it out.

Go back to your piercer (if they are a professional and did it properly with a needle etc) and explain the problem, they will be able to replace your jewellery with something else that's sterile that should hopefully stay in place. If you had it pierced by a gun, DON'T go back there - find another reputable piercer and explain the problem, they should be able to help, although they will charge you for the service as you didn't get the nose done there in the first place.
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Since you can't get to another piercer(for whatever reasons, I don't care by now), I would assume you're going to attempt to change it over anyway.There must be at least one reputable piercer near you, seriously trying to change over the jewellery now is a bad move, and i'd urge you not to, but heh.
    Last edited by soph_17; 01-23-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I don't know what to do :/ Unless I just put a plaster over my nose piercing for a while but it would look a bit silly. it;s just a straight nose pin with nothing on the end

According to google there are two piercing studios in your town, if your piercer is on maternity leave you can at least go to the other place to have them change the jewellery for you. Like everyone has been saying in 2 of the 3 threads you've started about this one piercing so far get it changed to a titanium nostril screw or labret stud. No nose bones.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

The other piercer is skin deep but they have a bad reputation :/ so I dont know whether to leav eit in or change it out but its just been hurting and i noticed there was crusts around the edges of the stud so I did an extra SSS. I'llstick a plaster over it just for now to see if it keeps it in place I think. Thanks everyone

At the end of the day that studio with the bad reputation won't be piercing you, merely changing your jewellery for you. As long as you ask for (And see them open or sterilise) a nostril screw I personally cannot see how they can screw that up since they pierce all the time and will be used to putting in jewellery. Plus your piercer's no great professional for using a straight stud in the first place!

If you really don't want to go there (and I can't blame you) then can you travel out of town to somewhere? It would be best to get it changed so it doesn't give you a bump or before you loose it all together. I would say just to go ahead and get a autoclaved nostril screw and try it yourself but they can be really tricky to get in and you may panic / not be able to get it in and since they close so quickly (within a few hours certainly) you may end up loosing your piercing.

Another note is: you can't really continue to wear plasters on your nose until your piercer gets off maternity leave seeing as that could be several months or a year or more. Plasters will really irritate the piercing and keeps the area moist, trapping bacteria and giving it a place to breed. So while they're a good idea for a short time as long as you clean it before and after wearing one (and dry it well too) they wont be good as a long term solution since a nose takes 3 months to heal (And its likely you will always have the problem of it falling out too!)
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I am not an expert and I don't have a nostril piercing so this may just plain be a bad idea. I was going to how how long is the stud? Like how long into your nose does it go? Would it be possible to reach in and put a slight bend in the bar to keep it from slipping (kinda like a fishtail labret) I don't know if that is something that is doable until you can go to a piercer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast