Thread: Post your order!

Had three caught now,.. I really don't mind paying customs but the handling fee =(

There should be an option to pay customs upfront through BAF like some Ebay people offer. With it being privatised I dread to think what the handling fee might become D:
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Boo that's pants. I got caught about 5 or so years ago for something I ordered from the US and twice in the past year both on JE orders. I feel lucky!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Limit's 15, which ofc with the exchange rate changes a bit for $. Haha, it's worse trying to get the handling fee back once you've paid it .
    I can see why it gets people so much though, now it's not actually through RM though, it's entirely controlled by customs, assuming the 8 is still for 'handling'.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

But I thought it was a Royal Mail handling fee? You only get charged the Customs handling fee if it's over a much higher amount? D:
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Limit's 15, which ofc with the exchange rate changes a bit for $. Haha, it's worse trying to get the handling fee back once you've paid it .
    I can see why it gets people so much though, now it's not actually through RM though, it's entirely controlled by customs, assuming the 8 is still for 'handling'.
    Has that changed? I thought the import fee was for HMRC and the handling fee was for Royal Mail as they have to hold it, send the card, process the payment then deliver the item...?

"Receiving mail from abroad

All mail that enters the United Kingdom may be examined by customs, but normally letters, postcards and packets containing only documents or similar forms of correspondence are excluded.
    If you are receiving a package from overseas (unless it’s from another EU Country), please be aware that it may incur customs charges. Any package assessed as being liable for customs charges will also incur a Royal Mail handling fee of 8.
    Any goods imported into the UK over the value of 15 are liable to import VAT. Gifts between private individuals over the value of 36 are also liable for VAT. Goods and gifts over these values may also be liable for customs duty. You no longer have to pay customs duty for goods up to the value of 135, however you will still be required to pay import VAT and excise duty where applicable."
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, it's changed very recently Hazel, I only found out cos you might remember that customs charge I had back in April or so? Well anyway, I was only refunded the amount it was over (VAT), not the 8 handling fee, which I assumed I had to collect through RM. When I rang them recently it was explained to me that it's now all sorted by Border Force. I would say i'm surprised they haven't updated the website, but considering I was also told i'd be called back . . 2 days ago now i'm really not lol. This is all just what i've been told this week, i've also only been told it's been in effect since 'recently', no specific dates or nowt.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

It hadn't changed when I, within the past couple of days, paid mine.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I reiterate, this is all i've been told by RM and customs. Tbh i'm just looking to get a refund, if the amount is the same, it doesn't particularly bother me who it's going to.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

RM and HMRC need to change their websites then!!

Wildcat has fixed their site again (at least the German/European one, which is what I used)
    They had the black steel with Labradorite inlay plugs on clearance sale, so I HAD to get them (even though they're 24mm and I prefer 25/26 but oh well). 6.99 euros a piece! I couldn't not order them since I've been eyeing them forever. And the shipping is like 3.50 euros.

I'm gonna let you all know if everything arrives safely, I hope they sorted themselves out!

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr